Glorious Saturday

It’s a beautiful day, with mild temperatures and bright sun.  If the old farmers are right, it’ll be a hot, dry spring and summer, so here’s hoping they’re mistaken, although there are already burn bans in effect.  Jerry has been banished from my lap, as he seems to be able to find the one sore spot on my tummy, and then plunk his full weight on it.  He’s sulking at me and complaining to Don who is “watching” baseball (there are little snores that I’m hearing…)

I was really sleepy last night, and conked out for about 12 hours, which was great this morning!  I felt more alert than I have for a few days.  I have to admit to being a little lazy this morning and not wanting to get out from under my cozy blankets.  Once again I have no support worker today, and I’m getting frustrated leaving messages with the agency asking “Where are my helpers?”

I’d promised to share a short poem by Tagore, and I think today is a perfect time to do that.  I hope that you find it as touching as I did.

Go not to the temple

By Rabindranath Tagore

Go not to the temple to put flowers upon the feet of God,

First fill your own house with the fragrance of love and kindness.

Go not to the temple to light candles

before the altar of God, First remove the darkness of sin, pride and ego, from your heart.

Go not to the temple to bow down your head in prayer,

First learn to bow in humility before your fellowmen...

And apologize to those you have wronged.

Go not to the temple to pray on bended knees,

first bend down to lift someone who is down-trodden.

And strengthen the young ones. Not crush them.

Go not to the temple to ask for forgiveness for your sins,

First forgive from your heart those who have sinned against you.


Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!