Monthend

It’s cooler, especially at night, and I’m loving it for sleep.  No need for a fan, just a light blanket and I’m perfectly happy with that.  During the day, though, I’m usually wrapped in an oversized sweater (all my sweaters are oversized) because it’s so cool.  Not quite chilly, but still not warm!  Jerry is very happy at the moment because his worker came over for a bit, but he’s being defiant and won’t stop barking from excitement.  We finally locked him on the balcony with Don in a vain effort to keep him quiet, thinking that if he can’t see her, he won’t bark… silly me.  Don seems to be moving fairly easily, which is good, and his appetite is healthy.  He’s also glued to US election news, which bores me stiff when I’m not enraged, so I have been finding cozy murder mysteries, animated shows and other light entertainment to change from the insanity.

My transfusion is set for tomorrow, which will be a long day as I need to do a blood match 4 hours before the actual procedure.  The match is good for 4 days, so when she offered me a 2pm appointment I agreed to go in for 9 so we could do the match and everything.  Don will drop me at the hospital in the morning and collect me after it’s all done, so we’re looking at about 8 hours… I’ll pick up something to eat so I won’t be hungry.  

I did get my milkshake, thanks K for the tip.  It was what I wanted, although it also spiked my sugar to a scary level!  I haven’t had that happen for a while, and I actually had to open an insulin pen!  I think I’ll have to be careful in the future as I don’t want problems.  

I’m going to bed early tonight, because I have to be up early in the morning to make the blood appointment.  I hope I’ll get the private room, so I could possibly nap during the day.  I’m going to find something to eat quickly for tonight, and then head off to sleep.  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo

The surprise!

Gone again