Comfort

It’s a lovely, sunny day today, and I must admit that it’s lovely to see the sun after clouds for a while.  I have a small dog curled up on my toes after wreaking destruction on my coat trim (he refuses to relinquish it!) a delivery box, the remains of his pillow and a paper towel… Don is feeling OK, so I’m glad about that.  He had a broken night when he took his pain meds too late, and he lay awake until about 6am, poor honey.  He’s dozing right now, looking all cute and cuddly…

Night before last I never slept at all.  Same problem as Don - I took my pain meds too late, and couldn’t fall into sleep.  I opted to force myself to stay awake as long as possible to try and reset my sleep schedule; I made it to 8pm before I collapsed, groaning into bed.  Took me about 30 minutes to settle into a comfy position, and I was rivalling Rip Van Winkle’s sleep!  I woke up once because of the ache in my back (that sore spot that I mentioned) rearranged myself and drifted back into a sweet, deep sleep that was shattered by a call from my nurse at some inhuman hour to say that he was coming for 10am.  I dragged myself out of dreamland, sorted myself out and went to wait for him.  He showed up at almost noon.  Guess who wasn’t happy?  Anyway, I had some leftover turkey (isn’t leftover turkey great for sandwiches and assorted nibbling?) and had a good lunch.  Working on dinner, so I’ll have a decent day where food is concerned.  I’ve noticed that I feel less shaky and weak when I eat, especially after the CBD oil.  There’s no correlation.  ðŸĪŠ

I received my walker, courtesy of the province, and I’m merrily wheeling it around the apartment.  I considered challenging Don to races, but there’s no clear pathway for use as a straightaway so he gets a reprieve 😆. It’s got a cute little basket and folds enough to fit into the car trunk so it’s transportable.  I’m looking at options for my permanent one, and my friend L sent me details of the one she’d bought for her mother, which is lightweight and folds down to fit into a gym bag.  I also found one that collapses and converts into a wheelchair; I’d like to give it a trial if I can arrange something with the company.  That would be very handy indeed.

So you’re going to laugh at me.  After years of working perfectly, suddenly my iPad refuses to connect to the site used by the Cancer Society for the grant review process; we have another round due in a few weeks.  We tried all sorts of things, but it just wouldn’t work.  The lovely people at the Society sent me a loaner laptop so I could still participate.  I unpacked it, powered it on and logged in… all good.  Except for a couple of minor things.  I haven’t used a Windows-based computer in almost a decade, so I had a few moments to readjust to the different environment.  But the kicker came in when I was trying to close a window and select an app… and have been poking at the screen with my finger and nothing happens.  After a while it finally clicked that it’s not a touch screen!  Sill adjusting to that; but it’s got a beautiful keyboard that I’m enjoying.  My next challenge — moving files from my iPad (where all my work is saved) to the laptop when there’s no common point.  

So that’s my day… complete computer ineptitude! But at least I’ve got some extra support for moving around.  I hope I’ll have another couple of good nights’ sleep and recharge my batteries.  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo

The surprise!

Gone again