Prep

We’re indulging in petit câreme right now; the weather is mild and sunny and pretending to be late summer instead of mid-autumn.  The day starts off cold — it was below 0 last night - but it’s quite warm this afternoon and pleasantly sunny.  The dog is happily shredding stuff and is quiet, which makes me nervous!  Don is taking a nap, and I rather think that his nights are often broken by pain.  I can’t do anything to help unfortunately.  His personal support worker is due to start tomorrow, so stand by for reports.

I had such a lovely sleep last night.  I didn’t want to get out of my nice, warm, cozy blanket cocoon, but nature intervened.  I dropped into a deep sleep shortly before midnight and only cracked open an eye at a few minutes to 8am.  I went back to sleep shortly thereafter, and never stirred until almost 11.  So delicious.  No calls, no interruptions.  I had a fairly large lunch, which was quite good, and I’ll work out something for dinner.  I treated myself to my favourite hot chocolate mix, and I’ll make myself a cup later, with a few biscuits.  I’m happy that there’s a British store that provides some of my preferred English treats.  I indulge myself once or twice a year; the thing is that a few days after my order, they released the Christmas catalogue of treats, and I’m debating getting a few more items.  I know Don would like certain things, and some very English Christmas treats are just excellent.

I’ve got to go pack in a few minutes.  I leave for Montreal tomorrow afternoon to attend a conference on palliative care for cancer patients.  I’m thrilled that I’m able to attend, although I confess that the last one I attended (a virtual one) was an excellent cure for insomnia.  When will presenters learn that if they’re using a visual aid that they really shouldn’t read out every bullet point to us, but should speak to them.  Personally (and somewhat selfishly, I admit) I learnt to read at an early age and I’m perfectly capable of reading the presentation myself.  And an effective presentation should be able to communicate the point without having to repeat the bullets. I’m not pretending to be an expert, but my presentations are extremely brief, with some more detailed notes than are shown on screen.

I’d better get sorted; it’s not much, just a weekend bag, but I’m trying to find a sweater to wear on the journey.  My weight changes have made it a challenge to find things that fit… Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo

The surprise!

Gone again