October

October has brought in autumn with cooler temperatures and rain. It’s great for sleeping and to be wrapped up in sweaters but i prefer slightly warmer days myself.  Jerry spent as much of today as he could cuddled up on me, batting me in the face with his paws and just staring at me.  He was a good boy yesterday, guarding the house by himself for a few hours and he was gentle with me when I got home.  Thank God Don was feeling better yesterday.  If not for that… disaster!  He was just awesome.

I went for the transfusion yesterday.  We left here about 8:45, as I needed to do blood work 4 hours before they could do the transfusion.  Unfortunately yesterday was a very bad day for me.  I couldn’t walk more than 4 - 5 steps without gasping for air, and my legs were extremely weak.  I could barely walk to the apartment door, and I struggled to get to the elevator and then out to the garage… I had to stop then, as my legs wobbled so much.  Don drove the car to the garage door so I could fall in; then he went to grab me some breakfast to pack in my bag as I’d be in the hospital for many hours.  I had a random stranger help me to the door, then I staggered to the reception (literally 8 steps from the elevator) and the staff leapt into action, put me to sit, arranged a bed and wheeled me to it.  They drew blood, wrapped me in 6 heated blankets and I blacked out… I woke up a while later, texted Don to let him know what was happening, and went to sleep.  My iron levels had dropped again since last week, so I received extra blood.  I got home and slept for a good 14 hours last night, and took another nap today.  I feel better, but still tire easily.  So I’ll take it easy for another day or so, but hopefully it will be soon and improve.

I confess that I don’t like this.  I don’t like feeling like I’ll collapse if I walk a few steps or that I can’t get air or that my body just wants to do nothing (but there’s a sore spot on my coccyx when I lie down and I can’t lie on one side as it begins to pain extensively.). I wish I knew what to do to feel more like myself… On that note, if any of my Trini/Caribbean friends would care to volunteer, I would love to get some rice, stewed chicken and pigeon peas, please.  I’ll even pay for all the ingredients.  I just can’t cook it myself!  Lentils also accepted… or coocoo instead of rice… many thanks!  Good night

Comments

  1. Only if I was nearby would gladly cook it for you. Blessed night

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo

The surprise!

Gone again