Bleh

It rained all day yesterday  and for a good part of today off and on.  Not as much as yesterday, which was lovely weather for blankets, warm drinks and good books.  Jerry seems to think that I’m his personal jungle gym, and has been climbing on me all afternoon, which would be fine except that his claws are remarkably sharp (they’re not long) and he puts his full weight behind his jumps… I try explaining to him that I’m not a trampoline and to please not jump on me, but he just continues… I’m bruised from his clambering, and he just curls up in my lap and takes a nap… Don is again finding sports to watch, and since the Olympics start soon there will be 24-hour sports, interrupted only by politics (I’ve tuned out, it’s just too nasty and pointless.) Although he’ll watch “news” all day every day if I didn’t interrupt with other shows.

I didn’t sleep well last night because my mind was just turning over and over the issue with the ironically named care agency.  I involved the provincial coordinator to get clarity on what they’re supposed to provide and the gap between what’s listed on the website and what the manager tells me.  Frankly, I have a poor impression of the manager as she’s bailed on at least 4 meetings with me either at the last minute or without notice.  Plus she was blaming my regular worker for ‘spoiling’ me and doing things that are not allowed (like using the stove)  I’ve asked what is the point of them if they’re just here for 10 minutes but being paid for an hour and they’re refusing to do things I ask. It’s frustrating me, and I’m very uncomfortable with the new regular they’ve assigned me — it’s a male who doesn’t cook, doesn’t empty the dishwasher or trash, won’t change sheets and who won’t allow me to wash myself.  They are refusing to change him, and I explained that I’m stressed.  So there’s a meeting scheduled in 2 weeks time where hopefully I will get some clarity.  This is particularly upsetting as they’d been pretty good for the last few years and it’s really only in the last 9 months or so that it’s got bad.

This time of year has all the fruits and berries that I really enjoy.  The season is short, though, so I overindulge when I can and then that’s it.  My personal quirk is that I’ll only buy local, seasonal fruit, and not the stuff that’s been trucked thousands of kilometres across the country; there’s a massive difference in flavour and I enjoy them more (plus they’re usually less expensive than the grocery store)  I tend to eat them “raw” and not in pies/smoothies, etc.  Just a large bowl of whatever’s in season.  The rest of the year I manage with citrus and apples primarily — it’s way too painful to buy mangoes which have no flavour and as for the other tropical fruit… I need a trip home!

I’m watching Jerry try to move Don’s walker to get to his ball which is trapped between the walker’s wheel and the coffee table.  It’s hilarious as he’s pawing at it, but jumps back when it rolls, then growls when it rolls forwards.  I’m not helping, as he can get to the ball easily, but he’s upset about the walker being there.  Good night



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo

The surprise!

Gone again