Birthday season

Here’s a silly joke for your amusement (or as my uncle said, “Ugh”) I thought it was worth a grin.  It was a lovely day today, comfortable, breezy and not too humid.  We were watching a flyover from the Canadian Air Force’s Snowbirds and the Italian Air Force; sadly I didn’t get photos, and I must grumble at the addition of the new high rises on the next block which cut off a chunk of my view towards Parliament Hill.  Jerry has been playing with his ball and throwing it at me all afternoon.  Don is down, but unsurprised at the results of last night’s game, and I was sufficiently disinterested that I’d gone to bed before it started!

I’m feeling tired today, with some pain… that I attribute to radiation side effects as it’s in the area they treated.  I slept a lot, which is probably my body’s way of letting me know that it’s working on healing, but I would also appreciate it if it did that during regular sleeping hours and not during the day.  I had some rice, lentils and chicken today, and will probably have another snack later.  I’m in the mood for something ‘snacky’ but my cupboard is currently modeling for Mother Hubbard… I really need to work out my grocery order for this week; but I also need a support worker so that I can get the help I need to put things away.  (It’s on my file as one of their duties)  Had I ordered for today, I’d be stuck as I had no worker… and no call either.

It’s June, which is prime birthday month in my family.  My brother and sister are at the beginning of the month, and no fewer than 8 of my cousins celebrate this month.  (I’m probably missing a couple) and then I have several friends whose big day is also happening.  For most of my life, it’s rained on my birthday, and now I kind of expect it, although honestly, last year’s deluge probably covers this year too 😆 We got so thoroughly soaked… I don’t think I can wear those shoes again!  This year’s celebrations are lower key than the last few (except for the pandemic) as I just got out of hospital.  So tomorrow a few of us are planning a quiet picnic lunch when energy is likely to be highest.  I’m looking forward to it, as it will be a break from the routine.

As it’s birthday season, there will of course be cake!  And other high calorie yummies.  I’ve got the candles (and lighter) all lined up for indulgence.  Tonight I’ll manage another snack and then tomorrow… cake and pastries!!!  Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!