New year

It was a beautiful, sunny day today, lots cooler than it has been for a while.  In the sun it was comfortable, but in the shade it was sweater weather.  It was fun for the little dog to go run around the park for a while, and he used up some of his extra energy and climbed into my lap to snooze when we got back home.  He has discovered a fondness for ripe strawberries, which is not a good sign for me!  I’ll have to share them along with clementines, apples, blueberries and several other fruits.  Sneaky little thing!  Don is perkier today than he has been, I think in part because of the cooler weather and breeze, so it’s easier for him to breathe.  He almost got yelled at today as I saw that one of my episodes had disappeared off the PVR, but then I realized that it had been automatically deleted by the system, so he’s safe.  

Don paid for my birthday lobster dinner, and I opted for a lobster pasta (in photo) which is smaller than my usual, mostly because it was delivery and not dine-in.  It was really delicious; it’s from my new preferred pasta place, appropriately named La Favorita and I’ll just note that the pasta is better in the restaurant but it reheats well.  I had an appointment with my doctor today, and my weight has again dropped.  At this rate, I’ll disappear in a few months; I’ve lost 3lbs in under a month.  We’re hoping that after the treatment in the hospital that my system will again begin absorbing nutrients and I can regain a bit, but it’ll take time.  There is a suggestion that if I don’t manage to improve I’ll wind up back in hospital — the food will make me climb out the window in the middle of the night!  Joking aside, though, I’m really trying to eat and regain some weight.

I’ll honestly give talks to the youth to let them know not to let their weight define themselves.  The primary concern should be one’s health, being able to take part in physical activity and eating healthy, balanced meals that do not vilify any food groups.  So if you’re overweight but healthy or if you’re underweight, with a healthy appetite and a reasonably active lifestyle you do you.  You don’t need to be able to wrap your arms fully around your waist, or have a body weight under 40kg, or make  your waist small enough to fit into a pair of hands or inflate your breasts or implant glutes/pecs or try to look like Barbie.  You need to be you. 

I think I mentioned that synchronicity is real.  It’s the start of a new year for me, and when I was reading yesterday’s meditation, it was Matthew 7:15-20 “[…] you will know them by their fruits. […] every good tree bears good fruit, every bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. […]”. I have been thinking about whether my influence has been good or not; I don’t aspire to be perfect, but I would hope that I don’t cause anyone to stumble in doing good.  

OK, that’s about it for today.  I was tired and took a nap after I got back from the doctor’s, and now I feel the need for another one… my worker didn’t show up; she called to say that she had another client before me, and wouldn’t make it to me on time. 😔. I hope my regular worker gets better soon!  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!