Hospital day 3

It’s been a rainy day today; we’re still under a thunderstorm watch and I see from the news that there was some flooding.  My boys are still at home, Don said that he was having a lot of trouble breathing until after the rain when it cooled down a bit.  He’s more chatty this evening than he was during the day, which is not surprising.  Jerry is not talking to me, as he does when I’m not there, and I miss my boys.  Would be nicer if they were here — or I was at home!

I had a broken night last night.  The ward where I am turns off the lights around 9:45pm, which is great, as it’s dark and quiet.  But then just as you’re falling asleep, the nurses come around to take vitals/blood samples and that ends the sleep for a bit!  I’ve asked for a sleep aid as needed so I can take it and hopefully get some rest.  I fell into a proper sleep around 4, but was woken up for blood work at 6… then I dozed off and on today.

It was a busy day today.  I saw the priest for the Sacrament of the Sick; he remembered me from my last hospital stay 2 years ago.  Some friends dropped by to visit, and cheered me up.  But the main news is from the 3 sets of doctors that I saw.  In good news, my numbers are all stable, although a bit low, so we’re comforted by that.  The scan shows no obvious signs of bleeding, no accumulation of fluid or blood in the stool.  Which leaves the big question of what is causing my anemia and low pressure?  We’ll be doing a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow to investigate, and I’ve already started the “clear fluid” preparation (after I told the doctor that I had some treats that I’d planned to enjoy tonight!  They’ve had to be stored in the fridge). I’m asking for prayers as always that the solution is an easy one and not as scary as the worst case scenario mentioned by the most serious of the consultants who dropped by.  My mind is whirling and my anxiety is high, but I can do nothing until after the tests.  So your prayers/bringing this to the attention of the universe for a simple solution are welcome as ever.

Thanks to everyone who sent me a message through the  Good Wishes site.  It was a pleasant surprise to receive a package at 7am!  I can’t express how much that means to me.  Thank you.

I’m going to get started on drinking the solution and for an uncomfortable night.  God willing “joy comes in the morning” after my scan.  Good night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!