Summer

Presented for your consideration… one tiny schnoodle who would have you believe that he’s a neglected, starved, abandoned puppy that nobody loves.  I challenge this claim, and point out that he has a full bowl of food, of water, access to treats and toys, but he’s complaining that he has to go minutes at a time without having his tummy rubbed, and therefore he’s being abused.  He has let his displeasure be known to me, and as a punishment, I’ve got a dog on my toes!  (Not really a punishment)  It’s so much cooler today that I feel comfortable; I hope it stays like this (even with the cloud cover) for a while!  Don is gearing up for ‘his’ game tonight, which may end the series or prolong it for another game.  I hope it keeps him happy!

The cooler air has made it more comfortable to do things today, and I definitely slept better last night as the temperature dropped below the mid-20s.  My pharmacist called me yesterday to check up on me as she said that she hasn’t seen me for a long while, but noticed that I had prescriptions from the hospital so she wanted to reassure herself that I was ok.  I thought that she was very kind to do that as I know how busy that location is!  Today I met with my care coordinator for my semi-annual evaluation, which is used to determine whether I’m getting the right level of care.  We had also scheduled a meeting with the manager of the care agency that provides my workers, but they bailed, which did not please my coordinator at all!  Sadly, we were unable to resolve my worker issues, but my coordinator will be managing it.  The agency has been slipping in its standards for a while, and they have multiple complaints lodged against them, so… After that, I met with my social worker, who has been a lifeline in a number of ways.  They will provide me with some additional resources that I could use to get help.

A conversation that I had today with both my coordinator and social worker was related to quality of life.  I’m gradually and reluctantly admitting that I cannot do all the things I have in mind because I have real physical limitations and it’s been a difficult process for me to accept.  I still have ambitions to do a lot of things, including travel, but that will require a lot more planning than previously, and a severe reduction in activity level.  That hurts, as I really enjoy walking around a new city, just to get a feel for it, but I’ll have to restrict myself… At least after the transfusions I can walk more easily.  Maybe if I could get my body to maximize the infusions then I’d be able to walk as I used to?  A girl can dream, can’t she?

I decided to order a pizza tonight.  I haven’t had one in a long while, and I have a little craving for it… I looked at multiple pizza places, and had to wonder at the variation in prices!  A small cheese pizza, with mozzarella and tomato sauce, ranges in price from $8 to $23.  (That upper limit better come with its own chef and maintain a constant temperature!)  My ghasts are flabbered, my gob is smacked… I mean, really?  I opted for a mid-priced option, and I’ll let you know what I think.  And for the “why don’t you just make it yourself?” crowd, feel free to drop one off for me.  I’m not going to explain my limitations to you again!  That’s it for tonight, Good night!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!