Birthday

It’s an absolutely beautiful day - sunshine, little puffy clouds, not too hot or humid and rain setting up for the evening as required!  Birthday on order, thank you very much!  Jerry greeted me this morning by jumping onto my lap even before I could sit (don’t ask.  He manages somehow and makes himself very comfortable regardless of how I contort myself!) Then he lay on his back and waved his little imperious paw to let me know that his tummy was being neglected… he complained that he was left behind when I went out to lunch, but I’ve been forgiven since.  Don is running out of games, as his main sport is over, his team in the other sport is about to be eliminated, his other summer sport is just getting started, and there aren’t that many matches yet.  Meanwhile, I’ve got a long list of sci-fi, fantasy and British shows to watch when I can wrangle time with the TV.

So my nurse had arranged to come early this morning as I said that I had an appointment at 11 (which is closer to our usual time) and as always happens when I have an earlier session than usual, I didn’t sleep too deeply for fear of missing my alarm.  Then she called about the time she would have arrived to say that she’d been assigned an urgent patient so would come in the late afternoon.  I needed no further information and headed back to bed for an extra hour or so of sleep.  My friends got me at 11, we headed off for our picnic and had a lovely time together.  I, unfortunately, wasn’t able to eat my whole sandwich or finish my juice, but they’re ready for first supper. 😁  I got home after 2, and took a nap for an hour, then got up to wait for my nurse and my worker, who arrived within 10 minutes of each other, and while I was in the shower with the worker.  Anyway, all done, I’m clean, dressings changed, and they both sang me “happy birthday.”

Thank you everyone for the many lovely, kind, thoughtful birthday wishes that you sent me.  My phone was dinging since 12:02am (00:02) when my brother sent his text.  You’re all so amazing for remembering me and taking the time to send messages.  This is the first birthday when I had no calls from my parents (including Auntie Ming) and it was strange not to be woken up by my dad’s singing or to hear Auntie Ming’s quiet voice.  But it was beyond awesome that my friends took me out to lunch today and we shared a fantastic time.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the people who care about me.  It’s awesome.

Synchronicity is such a great thing!  I was just about to sign off to call my sisters and they called!  It’s amazing how the timing worked on that!  It was great to talk with my nieces and nephew and my sisters.  I’ll chat with the rest of the family later, and I feel spoiled.  Thanks again everyone!  Good night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!