Hospital day 6

A nighttime view of the cranes from my window.  Not great because of the glare of the indoor light, but the crane is all lit up in blue and red.  It’s been a rainy weekend, and it’s cloudy again today.  Jerry is sulking at me, and when I talk to Don, he inserts himself between Don and the phone, turns his back to me, and tries to push the phone out of his hand!  He also turns his back when I call him… I’ll have to pay for being away eventually!  Don was watching the start of the playoffs — I said I’d call when the game got interesting and distract him.  He turned off the phone until his team was behind 2-0, then he called me 😆 

You’d think that being here would mean I’ve got all the time in the world to blog, but yesterday I got a transfusion of 2 more units of blood, and had a long visit from a friend, so when they left I was tired.  My sleep was interrupted by my inconsiderate neighbour (he’s rude to all the staff, and has been told that he can’t speak to them like that several times)  At 2am he rang the call bell, which woke me from sleep, and when the nurse (who was with another patient) didn’t immediately come running, he rang it like he was dismissing school for the summer.  I shouted at him to stop as people were trying to sleep; the nurse came to calm me down but it took me over 2 hours to get back to sleep.  Today he’s been quiet and polite, so maybe that had an effect?  

After yesterday’s transfusion I have more energy.  I went for 2 short walks with the support worker around the floor, and I was able to do it without gasping for air!  That’s just excellent.  She also helped me get a full shower, which was so refreshing.  I must be feeling better, as I was complaining about the food — how on earth could a kitchen manage to serve dry boiled chicken?  Not even the slightest drip of sauce, no seasoning… it’s depressing.  I couldn’t choke it down.  I have a small snack for later, so I won’t starve.  Another friend visited today, and we prayed together, which was so lovely.  

In other news, my little niece has her first wiggly tooth!  She informed me that the tooth fairy will be coming and maybe she could see her.  The excitement is just adorable.  That’s it for tonight, I feel cold and I’m going to cuddle under some blankets and prepare for sleeping.  Good night!


Comments

  1. Happy you are making progress thats the spirit cous,hear how you are missed by your furr bossy fella is so sweet ,awww you will,eat tasty food again ,nice to here all the up dates ,niece the updates s,sleep well.my dear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!