Midweek

It’s muggy, soupy, sticky and HOT here.  The temperature was “34C feeling like 44C” so very humid, and there’s no relief in the forecast for several days.  It just means that my energy is low but otherwise I’m ok.  Jerry was also lethargic until he and Don went into the bedroom with the AC, and he got a boost of pep!  He then ate quite a bit and settled down for a nap.  Don is also sluggish (we all are) and is content that his team has struggled to get another win.  

The hospital called me to follow up after my discharge; that was a surprise.  The nurse was very pleasant, and wanted to confirm that I would be talking with my family doctor for any needed follow up.  We all agree that I don’t want to go back in to the hospital anytime soon, so I’m happy with the checks!  For the last couple of months, my regular worker has been calling in sick on a Wednesday, which is my “long” day (2 hours) so either I have no coverage or I have someone who has a long list of reasons why she can’t do what I’d like.  I’d filed complaints about my coverage a while ago, and there’s a meeting scheduled on Friday to try to deal with the issues I raised.  

Tonight is a busy one; I’m doing cultural awareness training for a Canadian diplomat who is being sent to Trinidad for 3 years.  We used to do these meetings in person at the training centre, but with the pandemic they transitioned to mostly remote discussions.  The diplomat I’m meeting is currently 11hours ahead of me, so a video conference at the crack of dawn there and late evening here was the easiest way for us to meet.  

So a few moments of auntie bragging… my niece had her ballet recital on the weekend, and I got some video of her just commanding the stage.  Not an exaggeration— the other children were fidgeting and looking at the director, while my niece just stayed focussed and did her steps.  My nephew had to fill me in on the new trampoline and the “family” chair that was a gift for their mom; apparently they find it super comfortable and don’t want to share it 😂 My elder niece, who has finished her first year of university and is job hunting, managed to be appointed to secretary of one club at school and has signed up to volunteer at an animal shelter.  She and I were laughing at her mom — my niece drove unaccompanied for the first time and my sister was having “palpitations” until she got home.  My niece was saying that she’d go for an evening drive soon, and her mother started saying “Oh,no!”

I’m off to raid the fridge and see what I can find for dinner.  I’ve got a few options, but the heat… I’m going with the old adage “if you don’t eat in the heat you’ll be sick” I don’t want to be sick, so I’ll find something to nibble on… I think I’d like some chilled fruit salad or something equally cool.  That’s all for tonight; Good night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!