There and back again...

OK, I admit it, I thought I could be a little lazy and just post my pictures on Facebook.  But apparently laziness is not something to be encouraged (YAY you guys) so there were some other options.  I have finally uploaded some of my 800 photos for you to see (really, there's no need to see the 300 or so of the desert... or the 30 of the rock formations at Petra, and definitely you don't need to see when my fecachta camera decided to prove the frailty of all mechanical devices and not take the pictures I wanted,but instead some photos of my shirt!!)  For those of you who've seen my FB photos, there's some that aren't there, although the majority are.  If you want to wade through to find the extra 25 or so, kudos.  There are still remarkably few pictures of food.  I was too busy eating in the Arab countries, and far too discouraged in Israel to follow the 15th commandment and document all of life.  (As a side note, Fr. Leo finally saw some of my FB albums and commented "My sister, I thought you told me that you work hard in Canada?  All I see here are people eating and having fun.  Where is all this 'work' you keep telling me about?"  Clearly, I need to do something about that... LOL)

I'm half-sorry that I didn't get more photos of some areas... but I was so immersed in enjoying the experience that I wasn't capturing it for posterity.  Some things I'm sorry I had to sleep through, because I couldn't then see everything -- and in looking at the pictures, I am still moved by the sheer beauty of the desert, and still amazed at the effect it has had on me.  Don't ask me to explain it.  I can't.  I think I will need to return and see if I still feel the same, or if it is simply a 'honeymoon' effect.  We'll just have to see.

Meanwhile, here are the pictures.  Enjoy!

Comments

  1. You really captured an overall sense of your travels. Now I really appreciate the Holy Lands as more than just a name. Loved the vase!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!