The envelope, please...

Thanks for playing!  I’m not surprised, but my sister Helga was able to identify all of the Sesame Street references rapidly!  Lynne wins, with a total of 35/59 correct answers, and I’ve already sent something to her in the post.  It should arrive during the week, so I wait for her reaction! (I expect her to call me a “cheeky brat” at the very least.)

I enjoy finding quotes like these, so I’m likely to continue finding inspiration from songs, or perhaps books or poetry.  We’ll see... in the next round! Although this is the summary of a few years’ blogging, so it might be a while.  

Blog title

Song 

Artist

Whole heap of zing

Red red wine

UB40

The essence of all

As gentle as silence

Catholic hymn

Dreaming of bigger things

Thunder

Imagine Dragons 

The whole year through

Happy new year 

Kelwyn Hutcheon

O res mirabilis

Panis angelicus 

Catholic hymn

Try to bridge the emptiness

Same auld lang syne

Dan Fogelberg

Christmas changes too

Where are you Christmas 

Faith Hill

You can read me anything

The book of love

Peter Gabriel 

And a lots of work to be done

Electric Avenue

Eddie Grant

It wasn’t me...

It wasn’t me

Shaggy 

Eat the dishes

Candy man

Sammy Davis Jr. 

Battle lines being drawn

For what it’s worth 

Buffalo Springfield 

A lifetime and the aftermath

This is the time 

Billy Joel

Things you don’t understand

Superstition 

Stevie Wonder

Between despair and ecstasy

One night in Bangkok 

Murray Head

She knows just what it takes...

Bette Davis Eyes

Kim Carnes

Who am I to disagree?

Sweet dreams (are made of these)

Eurythmics 

One with no doubt

I want a new drug

Huey Lewis and the news

Dreaming is free

Dreaming

Blondie 

Walking in the shade of love

Chaaya chaaya 

 

Make my soul to glow and melt

Stabat mater (at the cross her station keeping)

Catholic hymn

Guard each one’s dignity

They’ll know we are Christian 

Catholic hymn

A lesson to learn...

Pilgrim Song

Catholic hymn

Make that change

Man in the mirror 

Michael Jackson 

The people that you meet...

People in your neighborhood 

Sesame Street 

Words like knives

Mean

Taylor Swift

Good old days weren’t always

Keeping the faith

Billy Joel

Something like a recipe

Weird science 

Oingo Boingo

Never quite as it seems

Dreams 

The Cranberries 

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky

Jason Mraz 

Like an open highway

It’s my life

Born Jovi

Used to be

Her town too

James Taylor

Talkin with the grocery man

10 tiny turtles

Sesame Street 

Fighting in our hearts

The War Song

Culture Club

Food for peace

What the world needs now

Tom Clay

I get a little bit nervous

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Bonnie Tyler

When I’m hungry, I eat.

When I’m itchy 

Sesame Street 

Something I would never lose

River of Dreams 

Billy Joel

The old time days...

Bring back the old time days

Rad Shorty I 

This is the world we live in...

Land of Confusion 

Genesis

A magic island, full of magic people

Ganges and the Nile

David Rudder

The vision planted in my brain

Sound of Silence 

Simon & Garfunkel 

The unbeatable foe

The Impossible Dream

 Andy Williams (Don Quixote)

Live each living day

Need a little Christmas 

 Jerry Herman (Mame)

Know when to walk away

The Gambler

Kenny Rogers

Much more than this...

My way

Frank Sinatra 

Fall asleep counting my blessings

Count our blessings (instead of sheep)

Rosemary Clooney & Bing Crosby (Holiday Inn)

Somehow the rythm continued

Hosay 

David Rudder


For the first time...

For the first time 

Kenny Loggins

Sick and tired of your ism schism games

Get up, stand up

Bob Marley 

The modren man (we all need control)

Mr. Roboto

Styx

The wheel's still in spin

The times they are a-changin

Phil Collins

When you look behind you...

Do you know?

 Diana Ross (Mahogany)

Where do they all belong

Eleanor Rigby

The Beatles

Turn and face the strange

Changes

David Bowie

I am woman

I am woman 

Helen Reddy

Girl, look at that body

Sexy and I know it

LMFAO

Words all day

Show me

Audrey Hepburn (My Fair Lady)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!