Chemo 3/1

The freezing rain forecast last night left a sheet of ice everywhere this morning.  Thankfully Don is good at handling that sort of thing, and it had begun to thaw by the time we had to leave.  There was still ice when we were out, but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.  There’s another freezing rain forecast for tonight, which doesn’t fill me with any enthusiasm.  We’ll just cope with whatever comes, right?  Jerry has been yipping periodically for some unknown reason.  When he gives up on that, he moves onto a lap for cuddles, or will daintily eat his dry dog food and crunch it loudly.  He’s got treats and is spoilt, so don’t believe the puppy dog eyes and the little paws pressed into your lap.  He’s a professional mooch.  Don, thankfully, took me in, waited in the rain, picked me up, and is currently having a nap.  I think there’s a sports thing tonight, I’m not sure, but I’m heading to bed early.  I had to be awake early this morning and as a result, my sleep was interrupted because I was afraid of missing my alarm.  That always happens.

So I was obviously in the chemo unit this afternoon getting my next round.  We spent some time in hospital trying to arrange my transfusion.  The nurse explained that they were going to try to book the appointment before the blood results expired, and she said that I should be prepared to go to the ER.  For the record, the fastest way for me to recover is to tell me that I’ll need to head to the emergency room.  That’s 12+ hours being exposed to various illnesses and I won’t do that voluntarily!  Anyway, it’s been arranged for tomorrow afternoon at the hospital.  IMO, things went without incident, and I got home to have some of my frozen Chinese,  and I tried on my new clothes which had arrived in the last day or so.  The colours are not my usual ones;  they’re more yellow and brown instead of reds and blues.  The sizes are definitely down — they’re a medium skirt with a blouse in large and a pair of pants in small.  Talk about a range!  I looked at myself and my legs seem so thin that it’s almost laughable!  But I’m happy that I have clothes that fit me now, instead of swimming on me.  My torso persists in looking twisted, but I’m able to work out a look that doesn’t make me seem so grotesque.

I’ve been window shopping a bit for jade jewellery.  I would like a jade bracelet, preferably with a dragon and phoenix on it.  I’m finding beaded bracelets, which are pretty but not what I want.  Solid pieces which (according to the measurements) would just fall off my wrist, and pendants, not bracelets.  Then prices range from $4 to $600, so not what I want either.  Shame, isn’t it?  I mean, from one perspective, I don’t need any more jewellery, but I’d certainly like one!  

I’m beginning to fall asleep now, so I’ll just sign off and say Good night.  Stay warm and dry everyone!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!