Buy nothing new–week 7

So this week, I was trying out some new recipes from a cookbook that I’ve had for a couple of years.  It’s Infusion, by Paul Yellin, and it features some beautiful, elegant recipes with a little zing from rum (in the book, Mount Gay Barbados rum, but it’s improved by the addition of some Angostura 1919 or even some Royal Oak, but that’s enough free advertising for the distilleries!)  Dinners (and therefore lunches) were taken from this book, except for my original inspiration!  There’s a free day – I allowed myself a day off, which I spent hunting for assorted papers.  Yes, it happens.  I also got calls from a couple of my favourite stores, telling me that they weren’t hitting their sales targets…

On the menu this week:

  • Roasted duck breast in a coconut curry sauce with basmati rice and spinach
  • Mushroom-spinach flan in a rice crust (an original recipe!)
  • Un-fried chicken with a spicy banana ketchup and champ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!