Never fail to be kind.

I was asked, as many people were, what I would like to see in the new year.  Being able to explain it simply was challenging... then I watched Doctor Who, and found the answer.  I’ve paraphrased to be more reflective of my thoughts, and I hope that this makes sense.  I also hope that it touches something in you, and that you find meaning.

I would like, in the years ahead, if we can agree on some essential items:


  • Be brave, and face the challenges of life.  Never be cowardly, especially when it’s easier.
  • Understand that the important things in life are the intangibles.  We can always make more money, buy new things and replace what’s worn out.  We can’t buy time with loved ones or do-over events that have passed.  
  • Hatred is always, always foolish and wrong.  Never act out of hate.
  • Anger may be justified, but never make a decision while angry, especially one that affects others.
  • Forgive those who hurt you, so that you can be free of negativity.
  • Remain always curious and creative, open to the wonders around you.  
  • Each day, seek out something new, and a little bit scary, so that you always grow.
  • Be grateful, and show your gratitude at all times.  The more grateful you are, the more you will find to appreciate.
  • Understand your priorities before you are in a crisis, because when a crisis comes, you respond according to them.
  • Always try to be nice, and never fail to be kind.
Or, in a single sentence:  Love each other.

I wish you all a very happy year ahead, and that the saddest day in your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!