Grooming

The little dictator got groomed today for winter, and looks again like a whippet instead of a poodle-schnauzer with a curly coat.  His long legs seem to have extended to a metre long, and he’s super affectionate, curled up on a lap (Don’s right now, mine for most of the day.)  We were up very early and went out to find that it was pouring down rain.  He didn’t like that at all, as his paws were wet and it was chilly.  He got towel dried before he went in for grooming, and was a very good boy, giving hugs and kisses to his groomer.  Don and I took the time to run some errands without being herded, and spent the afternoon wrapped in blankets getting warm.  The rain and damp make it feel really cold, so cozy times were called for today!  I’m trying to warm up, as I feel chilled through, but happily the pain in my leg and back is just a background murmur.

We also spent some time watching the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II in London, and then heard the gun salute on Parliament Hill.  I was a little surprised because we don’t often hear the guns, but they were loud and shook the air.  There was also some sound from the pipers, and the memorial service was held at the church just a few blocks away.  We could actually see our building on some of the shots on the news.

I’m a little ragged after several early morning starts in a row.  Between doctor’s appointments, visits from support workers, groceries and last-minute cancellations , I’ve been waking up at 6:30 but only getting a couple hours sleep.  I’m hoping that changes tonight as I don’t have any appointments until mid-morning tomorrow, so I should be able to sleep in a bit, fingers crossed!  On that note, good night all, and we’ll have a more detailed conversation tomorrow.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!