Tired

This photo of the Queen’s Park Savannah is in stark contrast to today’s chilly wetness.  I’m not complaining, the rain is needed, and it’s not affecting my plans, so it’s all good.  Jerry has just vacated my lap and moved over to Don.  He’s been using me as a trampoline and got thrown off a few times for bouncing on me!  He’s been rolling his ball around, wanting it thrown for a while, too.  Don is OK, but is running out of shows to watch, so he’s liable to be a pest for a while… with getting into all sorts of trouble because he’s bored.  

I had a bad night last night due to an unhappy tummy and issues related to that.  I accidentally ate some pickled peppers (I didn’t know they were in a sandwich until I’d eaten one) and my stomach has been protesting ever since.  I didn’t feel much like eating last night or this morning, but I did… and my tummy continues to grumble.  My support worker had an accident yesterday and had to head to emergency, so I’m again without help since yesterday; it’s getting very challenging.

I’m beginning to feel restless and edgy.  I want to do some travel, and at the moment I’m tied in place because of my chemo treatments.  I know that it’s definitely possible to discuss delaying some treatments so I can take off and go visiting, but I’d like to know that it’s working first.  At the same time, my body is remarkably untrustworthy and prone to betrayal, so I might think that I have more strength than I do and then realize that I’ve burnt out.  My annoyance that I can’t go on the long walks I used to enjoy is resurfacing as the weather warms up!  

Can you help me understand something, please?  I saw advertised yesterday under the heading “Must haves for a stylish home” an $84 piece of stick.  Literally a dry stick, for which Pottery Barn would like to receive $84 of hard-earned money.  Then I saw an ad for “plant based rice” — you know, rice, a grain that grows on a plant now apparently needs a “plant based alternative”????  Has the world gone mad, or am I living in an alternate universe?  Look, I’ve said it before and will repeat as needed — food does not exist for you to feel guilty.  Some foods are indulgences, yes, but that’s no reason to go around protesting GMO’s while creating frankenfood like “plant based rice” or “fake potato salad” or saying nonsense like “organic fat is better for you” or “cane sugar sweetened soda is better than water.”  Just stop.  Eat real food.  Enjoy the tastes, textures and scents of actual, not-too-heavily-processed food.  Avoid the low-calorie, fake sugar crap that’s being promoted as ‘better for you.’  Don’t buy into it!

That rant over, I’m going to try to settle my stomach down and find something inoffensive to eat.  I feel queasy, although it’s more settled than yesterday.  Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!