Short note

Another hot, sticky day, and according to the weather service, this is the hottest July on record globally.  It’s awful; I sincerely hope that there will be a break in the heat soon that lasts for more than an hour or so because it’s just so hot.  If I were a millionaire, I’d probably have moved to my lakefront/beachfront chalet until the heat eases off!  Jerry is being extra affectionate today, I have no idea why, but I’ve told him that he’s a tiny heat generator and to please get off my lap and go sit on his cushion like a big boy, but he seems to prefer lying on me and sticking his paws in my face… he does this little stretch where his arms just go straight up and hit me in the face and I’m supposed to pet him.  Don’s been glued to watching a documentary today — a mini series of 4 hour long episodes — and I watched part of it and we’re in the middle of a disagreement on the court case it covered.  I support the verdict, he disagrees… it’s rather like that verse from You are old, Father William in which the old man replies, In my youth… I took to the law, and argued each case with my wife; the muscular strength which it gave to my jaw has lasted the rest of my life.  I don’t know what made me think of that, but I’m going to reread Alice I think.  It’s been a while 😆 

Happy to report that my appetite seems to be settling.  My dietitian says that I am doing well since my weight hasn’t changed much in almost 2 months (it had dropped, but I regained the half kilo) and she thinks she’ll close my file; when I need help again I’ll need to contact the agency and request her help.  I’m honestly not certain that she was really useful, as she kept referring to making kale smoothies (very wrong!!) but she did give me a couple of useful tips.

I’m feeling a little wiped out this evening;  I’ve been falling asleep on myself for a little while now, and having shoved the dog off my lap again I’m semi-awake so I’m just updating briefly.  I’m planning to head in to bed early tonight; I had a couple of broken nights again and I’m feeling the effect.  So it’s meds time, and then off to sleep.  Good night!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!