Sunday

My friend was in Jamaica this weekend and shared this photo of the view.  So lovely and warm.  Ottawa was sunny and fairly mild, but 2C is not to be compared to 28C, not by a long shot!  Jerry moved from lying on my tummy to sleeping on my lap for most of the morning, and has been sulking every time I throw him off.  He’s right now curled up on Don, napping quietly… Don wasn’t feeling well today and has been napping all day.  We both had a small attack of the runs but mine cleared up, his left him feeling a little drained.  There are, though, the usual lineup of Sunday football games, keeping him busy.

I slept pretty well again — I actually fell asleep before I turned off my light and I woke up about an hour later, turned it off and went back to sleep.  Again, I’m ravenous today, and I sadly am out of cooked meals!  I’m searching delivery apps for ideas now.  I’d cook, except that everything is frozen, so that would take some time.  At least now I have some stuff thawing for tomorrow, so that will be a benefit.  

It’s that time of year, when charities call endlessly for donations.  I got no fewer than 7 calls one night from one charity that I had donated to once about 10 years ago… on the seventh call, I asked to please be dropped from their list and they sounded crushed… I also got a flood of paper mail asking for donations for everything from medical research to rehoming pets to caring for the homeless and so forth.  I learned a long while ago that giving money once just means that I’ll forever receive address labels, socks, bags and letters asking for more money, and eternal phone calls.  Asking to be removed doesn’t seem to  work, as I’ll get even more.  I’ve received several pairs of socks that claim to be women’s size 6-10 but which are snug on my 4-year old niece.  I also have enough address labels to send letters to all the residents of Ottawa — although I don’t have envelopes to go with them!  If I were to donate to each of them, even the minimum suggested, I’d have issued thousands of dollars in cheques, and perhaps received $0.25 in taped nickels!  

I do think that it’s a good thing to help those less fortunate, and to do whatever possible to support those in need.  I commend those who work to help, and I’d like to do what I can to help, but my finances are not at the level of the billionaires, so I do what I can, and try not to regret that I can’t do more.  Meanwhile, I have my tiny furry lord and master who is glaring at me for not clearing my lap.  I’m off to eat something now, and we’ll go on from there!  Good night!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!