Holiday day 10

Photos seem to be working again, so here’s a view of Niagara from a couple of days ago!  Today we woke up to pouring rain with lightning and thunder, and it rained off and on all day long.  Spoke with my boys this morning, and Jerry continues to pretend that I don’t exist, while Don seems to be in a good mood and it appears that his pain is fairly well managed at this point.  It is Friday, so he’s going to be glued to the football game, which is liable to be rained out, and I’ll hear about it either way…

I really needed rest yesterday.  I slept for several hours during the day from noon to about 4 and I felt weak and dizzy.  That cleared up after I had a couple of glasses of water, so note to self:  drink lots of fluid!!  Today I got the PICC line dressing changed, but it refused to give any blood return.  We flushed it with about 6 syringes of saline, but not so much as a hint of red in the return… that’s annoying, to say the least, and might mean things like having to replace the line… We‘ll check it again next week, when I hope it behaves better!

I spent the morning on the phone with the hospital.  They have been very good at booking my upcoming appointments except that they scheduled several appointments on the day I return to Ottawa, none of which I would be able to make.  So I was able to get 2/3 sorted; the third is a bit complicated, as they have an appointment at the hospital at 9am and then a second appointment at 2pm.  I’m hoping to move the 2pm earlier so I don’t have to spend 8 hours in the hospital that day… doubly so since it would be shortly after my train ride and within the period of blazing agony…

One of our aunts and uncles came to visit today.  It was so very good to see them!  It’s been a long time since we were all in the same place at the same time, and they are such fun to be with.  They arrived with a bagful of gifts for the kids, who went into jumping excitement when they got home and saw the loads of new toys!  I was completely ignored while the guests were there, and I didn’t get the usual after school updates!  It’s one of those humbling moments where you realize that you’re NOT the most important person in the room!

Had a good dinner, and I’m heading in for a rest; I’m a bit tired, although it’s not bad.  Hoping that I’ve gained a little weight after being here… it would be nice!  Good night


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!