Holiday day 8

You’ll have to do without pictures again; I don’t know what is going on, and frankly I don’t have the time to deal with it now.  It was a beautiful day, lots of sun and a light breeze; it was distinctly cooler by the lake.  My boys are doing well, although the tiny dictator continues to pretend that I don’t exist!  I got a call today that I’ve been waiting for, although I’d given up hope.  The agency called to say that they had reevaluated Don’s referral and now he’s eligible for 2 hours of a personal support worker per week!  I’m very relieved.

I had a good, late sleep last night, and did not come down for breakfast before school.  This was met with stern disapproval, and a complaint called upstairs before they left… I also had a good bowl of corn soup made by my friend; I could definitely eat more of that!  There’s food in the fridge for me, so I don’t have to worry for a while!

I got a haircut done last night; my friend’s mom gets a hairdresser to come over once a week, and she agreed to cut my hair as well.  It feels lighter, and it’s sleeker, so I’m happy.  Although my nephew asked “why is your hair still wet?” (It’s not, but the silver is more prominent) and my niece wanted to know what went wrong because now it’s too short!

My older sister, our friend, his mom and I went for a drive today into Niagara and Niagara on the Lake, just to tour.  The Falls were lovely and it wasn’t crowded, which is highly unusual!  It’s usually 4-deep in tourists… but today we had clear views of the Falls and the river.  My friend’s mom was a florist and was very interested in the flowers that were everywhere.  We stopped for ice cream and drove slowly along the parkway admiring the views… we saw a house that we liked for sale, so I looked it up… we immediately changed our minds when we saw the price (and especially the taxes!!  They’re practically a second mortgage!)

Back at home now, going to have dinner and we were telling stories (and answering loads of questions that related to nothing else under discussion!). So that’s it for tonight, will update soon.  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!