Holiday day 6

Lovely sunny weekend, with a bit of a breeze outdoors.  We found it was getting chilly last night and had to move from the back patio indoors, and same this afternoon.  Bit of clouds in the morning, and it’s distinctly cool overnight, which is lovely for sleep!  My boys continue to enjoy their grass widowerhood, and are apparently having considerable fun without me.  Jerry has now reached the stage of knocking the phone out of Don’s hand when he’s texting as well as when we’re on a call; so that conveys his opinions.  Don says that he’s eating — and today sent me a copy of a receipt from delivery — so I’ll have to believe him.  I’ve also asked someone to pop in and just check in on him, and all reports suggest that he’s behaving.  Either he’s turned over a new leaf or he’s getting better at being sneaky about stuff!

In case you were wondering, I’m fine and having a great, if tiring time, with the family.  I slept late for the last couple of days, and shook off the last of the train ride.  The kids were kind enough not to barge in and wake me (considerate little people that they are) and my sister has been shoving food into my mouth practically every time I open it, so those are all good things.

So Saturday night my cousin, her husband and their 2-year-old daughter came for dinner.  My niece was thrilled to be “in charge” of taking care of a toddler, and informed me that she’s very good at taking care of babies!  We went to church on Sunday, and I have a mental note to take a cushion with me next time as those pews are TORTURE DEVICES!!!! Oh, my word!  My back felt like I’d been kicked by a team of Clydesdales… it took a while with the heated car seat followed by a long rest on the sofa before I could move easily again after an hour.  Then last night my sister and I went to dinner at our friend’s house, where our other sister is staying for her visit.  I’m bragging to let everyone know that I ate EVERYTHING he put in front of me; it was utterly delicious and I was apparently hungrier than I thought.  So good!  Today our sister came over for a late lunch, and we’ve been relaxing.  Had chats with our siblings in Trinidad, which was also great, as we haven’t seen each other in absolute ages.

Tomorrow is the first day of school, and my nephew starts his junior kindergarten (he’s been telling me that he’s in “big school” now) and my niece goes into senior kindergarten.  I’ve been viewing fashion shows, demos of new lunch kits, etc.  They’re very excited and I’m thrilled to be here.  As you can guess, a good time is being had by all, even though I’m watching Bao for the millionth time… they laugh and cry on cue!  Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!