Happy Father’s Day

Wishing all fathers, father figures and male influencers and, because it’s real, all the moms who are pulling double duty a great day today.  This photo is (obviously) from a FaceTime chat with my dad from when I had hair a few weeks ago.  I spoke to him today, but on the land line, so I wasn’t able to take a photo today, but he’s got his “spy” look on (he’s wearing some huge sunglasses indoors after his second cataract surgery, so you can’t really see his face!)  We’d video chatted a couple of days ago and I teased him about the look. He’s recovering well, and can see out the eye again, but he’s being extra careful, hence the sunglasses past the required time.  Don is doing well also, and got messages from his son, which makes him very happy.  (He pretends not to be concerned about events like this, or his birthday, but he chuckles like Santa when he gets the calls and messages!). He’s got Jerry napping on his lap, so it’s all good.  I had Jerry most of the day, but he’s changed loyalties and settled in for some daddy day snuggles.

If we had continued with chemo, last week would have been my second session. I’m honestly glad that we didn’t proceed for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I didn’t want to face the negative side effects again.  We’ve agreed that we won’t be using that drug again, and will give my body a chance to recover until the fall.  My body is gradually recovering, although it’s busily manifesting all sorts of side effects that I’d expected either during radiation or earlier in chemo.  I’m just dealing with them as they arise, and they are, thankfully, mild.  As I mentioned, we’ve reduced my pain meds, which seems to have been successful, as I have reduced pain.  That’s excellent as I was getting really sick of being sick!   I’m feeling more alert, so I’m not sleeping at random hours all day!  I realized that I don’t sleep well during the night, as I wake up frequently after sleeping for about an hour at a time, and I finally sleep for a couple of hours in the early morning.  It’s a bit annoying, but I manage as I don’t have set times to do things, so I can sometimes nap in the afternoon, which can help.

Having talked about that, I’m going to wrap up and head off to get some sleep.  I’m still a little tired, but it’s a massive improvement over a couple of weeks ago.  Thankfully it’s still cooler now, so I should be able to rest well and sleep — minus some horrific nightmares!  That’s all for today… Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!