Season change

Yesterday, the first official day of summer was a wet, drenched, thundering day.  I took Don to get his second booster, and that went well, thankfully.  He’s fine today, with just a little soreness at the injection site.  Today was a sweltering, muggy day, with threatening storms which have not yet materialized, but we have a lovely cool breeze right now.  Jerry was on guard in the car (usually he stays home if I drive, but he insisted on coming yesterday, and only sat on my lap while we were parked… today he was on my lap most of the day, batting my book out of my hand so that I could pet him.  He’s a very bossy little dictator who thinks that I exist primarily to pet and feed him!  He’s now on the back of the sofa napping on Don’s jacket, but ever ready to leap into action if either of us moves towards the kitchen!

The heat is disappointingly difficult to manage.  As it gets hotter, my feet swell more, making it uncomfortable to wear shoes / sandals, and my back has started to spasm again as it gets hot or if I’m unable to find a comfortable spot — which also happens if it’s too warm.  I’m planning to head off to bed early again tonight, and hopefully I’ll be able to sleep well, if my tiny monster lets me have some room!!

We’re planning my birthday celebration for Sunday afternoon.  I’m anticipating it, as it’s the first in person event since 2019.  It’s a small gathering, and it should be fun to see my friends after all this time.  Everyone except me is worried about the weather that it might rain… I’m not concerned, except that it’s likely to be hot and I hope that the heat won’t cause me any difficulties!  It’s a little sad that the heat is problematic for me… I was, after all, born and raised in the tropics!  I should be able to cope with it, right?

Ah, well, it will be what it will be.  I’m cracking my jaws with yawns, so I’m heading in!  Good night all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!