Wiped

This morning started off feeling like mid-January, with a biting wind.  Jerry was not happy at all to feel that, and returned “at a high rate of speed” to let me know that his fur was cold and he needed a hug.  I had a lot of difficulty sleeping last night, for no reason that I could identify I woke up every hour on the hour until I gave up and got up.  Don has been playing with the tiny monster today, and they are both wound up at the moment.  One is jumping around, shaking his toy, and the other is throwing the toy and playing tricks.  Guess which is which LOL.   

Good news!  My cousin’s husband was discharged today after his latest tests showed that he was stable and in a fit state to continue his recovery at home.  We actually spoke briefly this morning, and he’s\in good spirits.  I reminded him that he’s still got to be careful and there’s a period of recovery ahead.  It’s good that he’s home and my cousin is relieved to have him back in her care.

I did my adult activity today — taxes are done and submitted.  It’s one of those things that I do reluctantly but I try as hard as I can to complete early.  It’s always stressful doing it, but once done I feel relieved.  Like a lot of others, I have objections to some measures taken by the government, but I realize that taxes are necessary.  You all know what my preferences are for spending priorities, but I’m not in charge. It hit me the other day just how many competing interests there are for spending, and many “squeaky wheels” looking for grease!

So after paying my taxes, I went looking for flights to go to Trinidad in April.  That was a painful and frustrating experience.  I have some dates in mind, and confidently plugged them in looking for options.  😔 Since the pandemic, there’s only one airline providing direct flights between Canada and Trinidad.  I don’t mind too much, as there are daily flights (sometimes twice)  and the times are usually convenient.  But when I went looking, the fares heading south were in the range I expected, but the flights back north are more than 50% higher!  The availability was also sparse — some days there were no seats available except at the highest level, costing about 3 times the base fare!  Add to that the dates run way past the time I was planning, and so on… frustrating!  I haven’t booked yet, as I’m searching around several dates; I’ll also have to discuss my dates with my doctors so that things don’t all pile up too much.  I’m not inclined to do trips with too many changes, as each change increases the risk of lost luggage, missed connections or (worst of all) straining myself so I can’t enjoy my trip.  Fingers crossed that I can find something, or else I think I’ll have to plan trips to see other people than my Trini peeps… Europe, Western Canada or the southern US are all options.

Well, I’ve overstayed my allotted time for typing.  The tiny dictator is trying to nibble my leg and push himself onto my lap!  Good night!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!