Lunch

It was another day that started off cool and warmed up by the late afternoon.  It was also overcast for most of the morning, and looked like it was thinking of raining, but instead it cleared up to a sunny afternoon and evening.  I wore a shawl to go out, which (as it turned out, I didn’t really need, but I wasn’t sure how chilly it would be!)  Jerry was rooted to me all day.  After a night on my tummy he then relocates to my lap and refuses to move.  He got tossed off because I wanted to read, and he insisted on wanting to play… he also decided to play in the morning, and danced all over the bed when it was time to get up.  When he did get off the bed, he ran under it — I just saw his little legs scrabbling under — and refused to come when called.  I climbed back into bed, and then he jumped up on me… spoiled dog.  Don continues to not feel great, although he’s in less pain than he was but still has difficulty walking and moving around.  There’s the usual line up of sports tonight, which he’ll watch while I head off to bed and catch up on some sleep!

I was able to sleep until 9:30 this morning, although I fell asleep around midnight and I woke up a few times for my water.  That was rather nice, not having my tummy used as a trampoline or a dog bed in the middle of the night!  

I was out today for lunch with an old friend and former colleague who I haven’t seen in far too long!  We went to a little café in the Market, which (as you can see) has flowers all over the walls, hanging from the ceiling and along the front of the counter.  It’s lovely, very delicate and so pretty!  They serve sandwiches and pastries, and an array of teas, coffees, juices, cocktails, mock tails… I rather like it.  The important part of the day, though, was spending time with my friend.  That was so nice.  We spent a few moments trading videos of the small people and her granddaughter (who is a few months older than my little niece)  The girls are both little performers, and it was fun looking at their videos.  The thing is, neither of us particularly misses work, although we do miss many of our colleagues.  Happily, we’re able to keep in touch with those who matter most, which is, I suppose, the essential thing.

I said to my older cousin that I recommend retirement; it’s a lovely state where you can explore the things that you didn’t have the time to do while working.  I’d strongly prefer that I had my health to go with being retired, as there are a lot of things I’d like to be involved in but to which I can’t fully commit because… well, life.  I’ll do what I can while I can, but I’m beginning to admit to myself that many of my dreams are just that.  As much as I’d like to do a host of things, practicality limits me severely.  I won’t go down that rabbit hole; I’ll just say that I would prefer a few changes.  Anyway, I’ve got plans for a couple more get togethers over the next few weeks, and that means a few days of R&R in between.  It will be such fun to see people!

I’m about to be boarded and turned into a dog bed, so I’ll sign off for now.  Good night!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!