Party day

A beautiful summer’s day, complete with deep blue sky, puffy white clouds, gentle breezes… also fairly humid so that being outside for too long meant gasping for air… it started off being warm and the heat built up from there.  According to the news there is likely to be a thunderstorm tonight into tomorrow so it’ll be a cooler weekend.  The boys were moaning about the heat last night and this morning; Don says it’s fine as long as he doesn’t need to do much and sucks on the breeze from the fans.  Jerry didn’t even bother to look up when I called, just moved to a different area on the floor.  When we continued talking past what he thought reasonable, he jumped into Don’s lap curled up into a ball with his head on Don’s belly.  The longer we talked, the more he moved up Don until he was lying fully on him, with his head under Don’s chin, very comfortable.  Then the paw came up to push away the phone… Very possessive little puppy he is!  They’re also hoping for thunderstorms (it is Thursday tomorrow after all!) and cool down things.

I’m delighted to report that I had another good night’s sleep last night.  Again I woke up a few times (dry mouth) swallowed some water and went right back to sleep.  I had a fairly decent breakfast, and had some extra energy today, which is fortunate.  Can we get a WOOHOO! For this?

We went out to lunch today to celebrate my sister’s 13th wedding anniversary with our other dear friend L to a lovely place closer to Niagara than we are, and it’s on the lake.  They’d wanted to try it for some time, as it has excellent reviews and a beautiful view of the lake but — as with many other restaurants, needed a reason to go.  So L and I treated them to lunch.  The restaurant specializes in Mediterranean food, and the lunch menu is quite brief, especially in comparison to the dinner menu.  I was blown away by the food.  It was delicious, served in healthy portions (I’ve got a take away box with tomorrow’s meals in the fridge from my pasta); the fish was obviously fresh and unfrozen, the beet salad was perfectly prepared, as were the mussels and lamb.  Definitely one of the best meals I’ve had in a while — I managed about a quarter of mine, shared another quarter with L, and packed the rest.  Then L and I headed off to get my supply of chocolate so I’m allowed back home!  It was a rather expensive but perfectly delicious day, I’m back home and resting, as it was also a bit tiring, mostly because of the heat.

My niece was impatiently waiting for me when I got home, and I was subjected to a level 3 interrogation of my whereabouts and why I wasn’t home when she got home from school.  I then spent some time colouring with her and helping her practice her writing again.  They’ve all headed off to do some grocery shopping but I opted to rest so I have extra energy for other activities this week.  I dislike intensely having to spend days in bed because I’m over tired and therefore in pain.  When they get home I’ll be able to hug my nephew and get his updates on his day.  He’s absolutely fascinated now by the desk lamp in my room, and I have to distract him from touching the lit bulb.  I’ll have to find some new shows… there’s this dreadful thing called “Gecko’s Garage” which contains an animated gecko with a warped Aussie accent with a fleet of talking buses.  My mind is about to shriek in horror at the thought of watching another episode.

They just got home, so I’m back on duty while things are put away.  I’ll therefore head off to distract the boy (and hide my Apple Pencil so he doesn’t lose or damage it or my screen) and share time with him as my niece had me attention when I got home.  That’s it for now, good night!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!