Saturday outing

I woke up to a drizzle and cloudy skies.  It’s cooled down considerably, and the day remained overcast with occasional showers.  I needed a sweater to go out, although it was allegedly 20C, but the breeze made it feel cooler.  The boys had a cooler and more comfortable night, and they slept in this morning.  Jerry pretended to be asleep when I called, and closed his eyes when Don moved the camera to show me his face 😁  This dog, I tell you, has a really strong personality!  He let us talk for a few minutes, then moved to snuggle on Don’s chest and was kicking the hand holding the phone.  I think he misses me a little, don’t you?  Don said that he felt better and had deeper sleep last night, and his breathing was more comfortable as well.  All of these things make me happier, so I don’t worry so much about him when I’m away for a couple of weeks.  According to him, he’s running low on groceries so that’s my first errand when I get home next week.

I also had a great sleep, and was allowed to lie in until almost 10!!  Then I turned into a jungle gym with the kids on my bed, complete with books and cars.  I appreciated the extra rest as I was still a little sleepy this morning.  I had a huge breakfast with the family — a waffle, bacon and an egg.  My 3-year-old nephew ate 3 times what I did, and the rest of them easily managed 4 times, but it’s huge for me.  Then I had something that I’ve been craving for a while as supper, so I’m really pleased with today.  After the outing today my back is a little tired, but not too much.

In a quick update, the surgery for my friend was today and went well.  Reports are that it went as expected, and the patient is recovering well and should be allowed to return home tomorrow.  Follow up cancer treatments are still to be scheduled so we continue to pray that they do well.  Thanks for the prayers and well wishes so far.

We attended a little reception hosted by my sister’s realtor, apparently this is an annual event.  Took about an hour to drive there, and they had a delicious spread of finger foods, fruits and mini-desserts.  We won’t compare appetites, but I’ll say that they had a nice array with a mixture of Mexican-inspired and Asian-inspired dishes.  The little people ate, and my nephew wanted to go in the pool, but his sister pointed out that it was too cold to swim.  They had colouring books, and occupied themselves while the adults did the polite.  On the way home, we stopped off to buy some Caribbean Chinese food, which I’d been craving for a while!  I don’t get it in Ottawa, and it’s got a different taste from the standard Cantonese food we get here.  I had some for dinner, and was very pleased with it.  Just excellent.

It’s been a long day with several hours of driving, so I’m about ready to tuck myself in and go to sleep.  It’s also bedtime for the little people who are, of course, asking for more time.  I’m sneakily happy that the batteries in the noisy toy are dying, so there’s a small break in the noise!  Won’t last, because my sister has pointed out that they have new ones, but at least there will be a little silence.  My sister, who knows how irritating I find the noise, has been teasing me by sneaking it into my room, turning it on and running away laughing.  Ah, family.  I’m always happy to see them and spend time with them, and luckily we get along well.  Good night!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!