Outing

Lovely September day again, cool (20C) and sunny this morning, with rain threatening this evening — apparently we’re likely to have thunderstorms overnight.  It seems unlikely, but then… the temperature has dropped significantly since I was out for lunch today and I’m contemplating a blanket to wrap myself in now as it’s getting cool.  Jerry is sulking because I left him today, plus I had my nurse this morning and he wasn’t allowed to help her with monitoring me.  He whined so much that the nurse asked if he was in pain; I said no, he’s just attention seeking.  She was hesitant to play with him, but wasn’t worried.  Don was in the living room holding him, because he’s still in some pain and was having difficulty walking today.  I really hope that things improve soon; I don’t like seeing him in this much pain.  His appetite is still good, and he’s (as usual) finding every sports thing he can on TV, while I’m amusing myself with other things.  During the week there are somewhat fewer options, but still they’re there!

My cough yesterday lasted until almost midnight when I finally fell asleep, and thankfully hasn’t returned.  We have no explanation for it; the nurse checked me and said that there’s no sign of congestion.  She thinks it might have been an allergic reaction causing it, and asked me to monitor it.  I had a very fun and filling lunch today with my friend P, and I’m almost hungry again, so I’ll have something small later, perhaps fruit and tea.

The small people are both at home, being monitored for fever.  Their energy levels are up a bit, so we’re optimistic that they’ll be normal soon.  My friend got the results of their surgery, and it’s generally good news — some follow up treatments will be needed, but not long term, so that’s encouraging.

I had a lovely catch up last night with a friend who I haven’t seen in some years.  It’s an odd thing, isn’t it, how some people drift in and out of our lives?  This friend I’ve known for close to 40 years, and we will lose touch for a while, then reconnect.  Life intervenes, but when we do meet it’s like the interim is shorter than reality, until someone mentions a child who’s getting married and the last time you met they were in kindergarten!  Kids are the only indication that time hasn’t stood still while things happened.  Without them, we can eternally be in our late teens or early 20s, when life was infinite and we were invincible.  Although that’s probably not very fair, as our bodies have ways of reminding us of our age.  The older I get, though, the more I appreciate the dream of eternal youth.  I don’t regret aging, I quite like it, I’d jut like to have more energy (and time) to spend with family and friends!

Apparently I’ve been neglecting the little dictator for too long this afternoon.  He’s dropped his toy plastic bone on my toes!!! a few times already, and is now licking them so I’ll throw things for him.  😮‍💨  Off I go, then, to carry out my puppy care duties!  So off I go… Good night!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!