Break

It was cold this morning… started off at -12 and just seemed to get colder throughout the day.  It seemed reasonably sunny for the day, but I still found it to be frigid.  It’s supposed to be milder for the rest of the week, so the skaters are going to be out of luck again.  Jerry was very excited to see my support worker, who’d hurt her back and was off for a week (and I told her that just looking at her, she should probably still be off… she’s walking with that stiff “I’m in pain” gait that suggests back problems)  I feel guilty about some of the things that she needs to do, so I’m holding off on some of them until things improve.  The tiny monster is on my feet again, after jumping around like a demented jackrabbit on a pogo stick.  He tailed my worker everywhere, and jumped on her lap as much as he could.  Don is having an attack of sciatica in the leg opposite the one that usually has the issue.  He’s limping badly when he walks, but says that the pills are helping him.  

I woke up hungry today, finally!  I ate some salt fish and avocado, then I made some fettuccine Alfredo and just had some for my dinner.  It’s more that I wanted in the last few days, but still not enough of what I should be eating… it’s tiresome, this loss of appetite thing.  It probably means that on Thursday my weight will have dropped.  My sleep is also a bit not restful… I woke up every couple of hours and I still felt tired this morning.  These are little frustrations that just annoy me because I am less than myself.

I’m definitely getting cranky… I really hate most commercials.  In part because they play so often, so they’re intrusive, repetitive and annoying but mostly because they are stupid  People who whisper about cars like they’re mythical beasts, insurance ads, ads for bladder leakage, toys that don’t do what’s shown, and the endless rounds of gambling websites… when these move into my online videos, they are even more annoying than on TV (because I mainly watch shows that I recorded so I can skip the ads, which is a wonderful thing!)  Then the algorithm allows me to say “don’t show this ad again” (when it plays every 90 seconds and won’t let me skip for 15 seconds) but it just stops it playing for about 10 minutes… and the other ads that pop up and block the screen, even with pop up blocking activated… I hate ads.  And I’ve got to a point where I won’t buy or use services with ads that irritate me.  Am I the only one who finds these intrusive and problematic?  Is this a sign of my incipient curmudgeonliness?

I’m off to make a cup of tea and maybe have a snack or something.  I’m hungry again, even though I just ate, so here we go on a little rollercoaster.  Good night!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!