Chemo 4/2

Yesterday we had a warm but rainy afternoon.  It was fairly mild, which was nice, and I probably could have managed with a sweater, but I wore the light puffer anyway.  Today is much colder, and tonight it’s supposed to drop to -19.  The news was saying that it’s been a very mild winter, and we haven’t had any temperatures below -20 yet.  They are actually hoping for at least a couple, but we’ve got a warm spell coming through from Sunday so it may not be likely… Jerry is on my feet again; I can feel his little paws on my toes, and his breath on me.  He was working hard to get me off the phone today and then moved onto my lap for cuddles.  He’s complaining about having to eat “dog food” and was loudly crunching at me!  Don is still dealing with sciatica and he walks with “sound effects” — the pain is enough that he groans when walking.  He was happily watching his game last night, and I’m temporarily not banned, as his team scored 3 goals while I was sitting with him and went on to win.  Usually I’m sent to bed because I was a “jinx”… he’s temporarily changed his mind 😆 

I rang the bell yesterday, marking the end of my chemotherapy.  I’d been scheduled for 4 sessions, and yesterday was the fourth, so I rang the bell.  In part it was to celebrate the previous few times that I was on chemo but we ended treatment early.  I was thrilled when we finished, and I’d clanged away for a bit (there’s a video if anyone wants) The nurse was really sweet and took photos and video for me.  So I happily left and headed home.  I was craving some Caribbean food, so I ordered a meal… that was a bad idea, as it immediately reversed direction… then I went to lie down for a few minutes, and was asleep for about 3 hours, got up for about an hour, and went back to bed.  I have to admit that I haven’t eaten since, and I feel drained.  It’s not surprising; I know from past experience that today and tomorrow are my worst days, where I feel exhausted, and just want to sleep.  My hydration has started, which is helping and I’m more alert than this morning, and I’m starting to feel hungry.  I think an omelette is in my immediate future.

Not much else today.  I’m going to raid the fridge and see what I can find, and eat something (perhaps have some tea or hot chocolate or something) and I’ll be heading to bed soon.  I’m sure that I’ll be back to myself by the end of the weekend… now we just wait for my scan, and hope that I’ve responded to the treatment.  Prayers needed for good outcomes, please!  Good night!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!