Presentation

Here are some Vancouver snowdrops, so the West Coast is also starting to show blossoms.  We’re still snowed under, so no flowers just yet.  Today is the birthday of my dear friend and big “brother”, who is brilliant, kind and super creative.  It’s also Don’s eldest son’s birthday so Happy Birthday, gentlemen!  Jerry is a little ball on my lap at the moment, looking very cuddly and sleepy.  Don is suffering sports withdrawal and is running out of true crime shows to fill in the gaps.  There are a couple of our “regular” shows that were recorded, but that’s not much.  He’s now resorted to NASCAR and was actually browsing football (soccer) to make up for the gaps.  Meanwhile, Jerry is teasing him with his toys, so they’ll all play happily.

My support worker, lovely woman, has made me a beautiful lasagne for dinner and for lunch for the next few days.  I’m waiting (im)patiently for it to cool so I can eat some.  I had another interrupted night last night, annoyingly, in part because my IV slowed down and didn’t finish running until some 4.5 hours later than expected.  The nurse set me up today, and it’s again running slowly.  I don’t know why, we’ve run the lines and there aren’t any kinks.  After she left, I went to lie down for a few minutes and woke up 3 hours later… I’ve got several things to do that I’ve put off since last Wednesday, so they will be taken care of this week.

One of the things is to sort through my old clothes and remove some of the older pieces and arrange for donation.  I also want to sob sadly over a few pieces that I really liked and which are no longer friends of mine… I’ve got this lovely robe that I used to wear and which now falls straight off me.  I put it on, and my shoulders just fit into the neckline.  New dress, I think.  I also need an excuse to wear some of my jewellery, which is sitting in boxes looking unloved.  I really can’t wear them to the hospital, which is mostly where I go these days!  Anyone having a gala or party or dinner that I can dress up and look “pretty” to attend?  It’s Chinese New Year next weekend, and traditionally we have dim sum… I haven’t arranged anything this year, mostly because of chemo and I wasn’t sure of my energy levels.  I think I’ll probably plan something later on where we’ll have a fun time (and when I can eat more than 3 dumplings!)  I’m annoyed that our preferred place has so many stairs, that it’s challenging for me to get into and out of.  

I think my lasagne is probably at “just right” temperature, so I’m going to sort out my dinner and enjoy the meal.  Jerry is lying on Don’s shoulder at the moment and they’re settling to watch TV.  Have a good night all.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!