Ms. Demeanour writes…

Dear Ms. Demeanour,

First time writer, long time reader.  I just want to say how fabulous I think you are!

Last week, while I was waiting at the doctor’s office for a check-up, people kept giving me dirty, angry looks!  Two people glared at me before moving seats away from me.  An old woman (miserable type, you know the kind?) handed me a tissue and said “Wipe up, dearie!”  Interfering old bat.  And a small child said “Cover your mouth when you cough.”  Don’t they understand that I have a bad flu, and I need to breathe?  What should I have said or done in that case?

Sick of it.

Dear Sick,

What a dreadful experience you had!  First, that you had to get out of your house in that condition; you poor thing!  Then to have all of those people point out your ailment to your face.  I am shocked.

Perhaps next time, you could consider staying at home and avoiding contact with people?  You should have all the amenities there – bed, fridge, TV, computer and gaming console.  Food can be delivered.  And you can always text to find out what’s happening in the wider world.  That also ensures that you don’t encounter those folks who think that they have the right to tell you what to do!

Ms. D.

Dear Ms. Demeanour,

I’ve been having a dreadful argument with my spouse.  We went to the hospital to visit my mother-in-law who has pneumonia and a broken hip, and he actually insisted that I wear a mask before going in to her room!  Do you think that he’s ashamed of being seen with me in public?

Fighting a cold.

Dear Fighting,

As you haven’t mentioned how long you’ve been married, I don’t know whether you’ve met his mother before.  But as she’s hospitalised and likely to be bed-ridden for some time, it may be that he thought it would be fun for you to pretend to be TWO different people!  Plus, if you wear a mask at the hospital, you could send in a body double to family gatherings and they’d never be able to tell!

Ms. D.


Dear Ms. Demeanour,

I’ve been reading your comments, and I am appalled!!!  Those people clearly have infectious diseases and should be more conscious of their actions around others, especially the very young, the old and the infirm.  You should be advising them to follow correct hygienic practices and etiquette to avoid spreading their plagues.  I would be pleased to send you a helpful pamphlet on disease prevention.

Dr. Det.

Dear Dr. Det,

That sounds almost as much fun as washing my hands every few minutes or tossing used tissues.  What next?  Would you want me to get a vaccine or something?  I should be able to do what I want when I want where I want!  And I’ll keep advising people how I want, too! 

Ms. D

Ms. Demeanour is a cranky hermit who doesn’t like encountering people at any time.  She’s currently working on her first book “How to rid yourself of pesky human contact in 10 easy steps!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!