facilius est multa facere quam diu

 It was a cooler day today than it has been. So much more comfortable. Celebratory moment-a full week of sleeping 6- 7 hours a night! That's excellent, and I'm so happy for it! My tiredness level is still a bit high, but I'm less inclined to fall asleep on myself at random moments. Consider that I'm doing virtual happy dances for that! I feel like I've reached a milestone on my path to recovery. Still some way to go, but at least there is progress. Next step-be able to stand up for more than 10 minutes without pain. That will allow me to actually cook a meal and enjoy it! Right now, I need to take frequent breaks and I'm often too tired and achy to enjoy what I've prepared.

Today's theme is one that I thought apt. It translates as "It is easier to do many things than [to focus] on one." It struck me that I-like so many others-am guilty of this! I'll load up on multiple projects and flit from one to another, like a bee in a Clover field. I'd like to think that it makes me more productive, but does it really? I mean, it seems that I've made minimal progress on 5 things, instead of actual progress on 1. If I do buckle down to one item, I can usually accomplish something useful in a specified time frame, but I guess that viewing the detritus of 5 or 6 items makes me feel like I'm trying hard?

I've got a really long list of tasks that I'd like to do. Some of them will have to wait until I'm more recovered and stronger. They require reorganizing the contents of cupboards, and sorting stuff-doing a clear out of old, threadbare towels and sheets. I know that. these are not critical, but I would like to do that, and clean out some of the older, less useful articles. I can then make room for replacements, or just to have more space. I haven't got into this yet because it would go against my doctor's rules (I'd be stretching, bending and lifting, all of which are disallowed under my current regimen). These can all want. I'm starting to learn to delay non- essential, non-urgent items and focus on the important thing.

I can also identify distraction, so then I can delay tasks if I wanted to. I wonder how much of the task- splitting and overloading is an effort to delay tackling things that are important or urgent and necessary but not the most pleasant or easiest thing to do? I mean I could sort through the linen closet so I have an up-to-date inventory of towels, sheets, pillow cases, etc. but I put off checking my meds, and I leave these until I'm down to a 2- day supply, and... I try not to do that, but it's got close a few times. That suggests that I may need to pay closer attention to due dates, and make effective use of my calendar app!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!