gesta non verba

I confess to binging on Nutella. I haven't had any for years, then I yielded to temptation and got a bottle, and I've been hav'ing a slice of Nutella-on-toast every day for the past week or so. I'd forgotten that it was decadent and delicious! I'm not a fan of peanut butter - in fact, I only have peanut butter in a peanut punch or in a satay sauce - but Nutella is different. 

I'm not one of those people who has "guilty" pleasures or talks about having food "without the guilt." I enjoy my food, and I savour it. So I'll have ice- cream and revel in its rich, creamy texture. I'll indulge in cheesecake; linger over chocolate tortes and generally luxuriate in rich desserts if that's what I'm doing. I don't choose to do "low fat, low-carb, low-cal" foods. Neither do I opt for much packaged foods, nor do I go for organic, free-range, etc. stuff so I'm admitting, freely, that I've been indulging in chocolate-hazelnut goodness for about a week now. I’ll  have to pause or slow down, because I'm fairly sure that my sugar readings won't be happy if I keep this up too long. At the moment, they are all within range, even with the steroids. I am fairly sure that my next blood work will. show that I've got a few struggles with sugar, mostly attributable to the steroids that I've been on since I was admitted to the hospital in May. I'm weaning off of them now, and should be steroid-free by the end of August. This coming week I have follow- up appointments with my endocrinologist to adjust my insulin dosage, with the neurosurgeon and with my physiotherapist to assess my mobility. Then I have a massage scheduled, and I 'm really hoping that the massage helps with my shoulder and the torn tendon. It would be nice to know when and how that happened. Even better to have an effective treatment!

I was browsing through my recipe collection again today, looking for ideas of what to cook for this week’s meals. I have the offer (which I'll accept) to have meals ordered for me, but I'm also considering having some backups. The temptation to have extra sweets is dreadful. I'm going 0 have to stick to my regime and control the urge to eat too many sweets.,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!