Fall day

My dear friend dropped by today with a bounty of fruit — pears and grapes from his garden, plums, and some chutneys.  I’ve generously agreed to share them with my sister and her family 😊👼 Aren’t I a sweetheart?  We also went to an Asian supermarket, where I collected the makings for tonight’s supper.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone enjoy the meal and introducing the children to new items.  My boys are doing well, and the little monster is even more protective of Don than he used to be, which is saying a lot!  I said that we probably need to make more frequent visits to this part of the province if there’s so much fruit to be shared!  The kids might enjoy it if I were here more often, although I might run out of energy before they’re settled.

I’m pleased to report that I haven’t had to use any insulin for at least 3 weeks now, but my readings are all within range, so that’s superb to my way of thinking.  My pain is mostly managed, and I haven’t needed to take my “breakthrough” meds, as the pain hasn’t spiked.  I’m relieved about that also.  From all reports, Don isn’t in too much pain either, so I can reduce that worry.

So just to let you know — I was unsuccessful in my campaign to break the pattern of Frozen.  The first night worked, and we read Dora instead.  I remember that from my elder niece’s toddler era, when she had a speaking toy that would repeat “Swiper stop swiping!” But I wasn’t in the country long enough for it to be very annoying.  So far, I’m limited to reading it, which is less bothersome.  Anyway, last night when I went in for story time, she pulled Frozen out from under her covers with a brilliant smile and said, “Can you read it?”  I call “uncle!” now.  

It started off as a damp, mucky day, but cleared up and is now sunny, but cool.  It’s lovely to have this nice weather.  On our drive today, we were admiring the changing leaves on the Mountain and in Hamilton.  I love watching the colours, although I’m not thrilled at the arrival of winter.  Strange, isn’t it, that I moved here where winter rules for at least half the year, but I’m not a fan!  

I’m off to start preparing dinner, so I’ll leave this for now.  My next attempt at diverting bedtime stories will be carefully considered, and I’ll update you on the progress.  Have a good evening!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!