Cooler!

It was definitely cool today; I think it managed to inch its way up to 12C today, accompanied by grey skies and drizzly fall rain!  Could have been worse; this is from a couple of weeks ago, when it was cool but sunny; I needed a boost.  Jerry has turned my lap into his personal dog bed, pulled Don’s blanket off so he can make a nest on the ground (right NEXT to his own blanket!) and generally let me know who’s in charge!  Don spent a lot of the day dozing, although he ate quite well.  He also spent the day watching assorted sports, one after the other!  At this point, I don’t think he knows what’s on or not, but I’m not yet going to try changing the channel… the reaction might be bigger than I’d like!

My tummy was in better shape today than yesterday, although I had a horrible moment where I had to excuse myself from a meal and race to the bathroom while I negotiated to keep the food down.  I felt weak and shaky from the exertion, but otherwise ok… and I slept for quite a while this afternoon too.  I did sleep well last night, but I felt like I needed lots more.  I really don’t know why, although one of my friends pointed out that I’m under some extra stress and that’s probably accounting for the irregularity.  My father had a couple of incidents last night where he fell out of bed, and this morning was confused.  He apparently didn’t eat much breakfast, and slept quite a bit today.  We’re now looking for some additional home care for him, as it’s too much for my sister alone.  I will keep everyone updated on his progress; I hope that it’s something fairly simple and he just needs some rest and fluids.  Thanks to everyone for the mattress topper suggestions; I’ve got several options to research now!  I really appreciate that so many of you took the time to share your experience with various brands.

I was having a discussion with one of my friends that I need to go jacket shopping as none of my clothes fit properly.  I’d pulled out a couple of my favourite tops so I could have some “warm” clothes easily accessible and tried them on.  Every single one of them just fell off my shoulders.  I have a few smaller pieces, and I tried them; at least I have 1 sweater that doesn’t look like I’m a 5-year-old who raided her mom’s closet!  I wore my knee high boots for the first time in a long while today and I’ve lost so much weight that I can almost fit both calves into one side!  They actually flap when I’m walking!  I’d never considered the effect of weight loss on my boots… or my rings!  I’ve had to put in size adjusters in almost all of them as they just simply slide off my finger when I put one on.  At least my earrings all fit, because I’d just curl up and cry.  Anyway, back to coat shopping.  She knows my wardrobe (she’d helped me build it, after all) and asked about a couple of them.  I did some modelling for her, and we agree that a new coat is in order.  Now comes the challenge — where do I get one?  I have some requirements for my winter coats — they must not be black, dark blue, grey or white.  I prefer red, green (hard to find) or multicoloured.  I like “car coat length” — so to my knees — partly because I dislike my spinal curve and what it does to my torso, and partly to keep as much of me as possible warm, single breasted, not wool.  Hoods are a must, as are several deep pockets and a double zipper.  I’m also unwilling to spend more than $300.  It’s ok to not have a down filling, but it must be rated to below -30C.  I’ve found some in the past, but meeting my criteria seems to become more challenging year after year, especially in terms of colour.  I’ll be spending some time this week browsing online for possible candidates as wandering the mall, visiting multiple stores and trying on a range is definitely a strain on my abilities.  

I’m again heading in for an early night; my eyes keep closing on me and I’ve been trying to remain coherent.  Jerry is a ball on Don’s former blanket, Don is moving around because the current sports thing is ending, and I think I get a half hour of my choice of TV!  Good night!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!