Holiday day 4

There was an impressive thunderstorm this morning before 7.   The rest of the day was cool and overcast, a big difference from yesterday’s sunny warmth.  Either way, though, it’s all part of the fun and we’re enjoying the end of the school holidays.  My boys are well, and don’t seem to be missing me too much, which is both hard to believe and yet, reasonable… they’re probably indulging in feasts of sweet things at levels that they wouldn’t normally be allowed!  Jerry has reached the stage of not responding to my voice and turning away from my image on the phone, so I’m officially being ignored!  Don seems to be feeling a bit better and sleeping reasonably well, although I’m equally sure that he’s telling me partial truths and hiding details that he thinks I won’t notice since I only see his face on the screen.

I am recovering from the trip; it’s taking a little longer than I expected, although I knew that it would be difficult for me.  I’m sleeping well, thankfully, and I have had an afternoon nap which helps me recover better.  I’m also eating quite a lot as my sister-in-law keeps putting food in my hand and telling me “eat!  Put the food in your mouth and chew!”  😆 they are doing a great job of making sure that I eat regularly and often, and my appetite has been improved by my new meds as well; all good all around!

My elder niece is turning into me… she was telling me that she’s working with a campus organization and they were welcoming first years to orientation last week.  Part of her role was to do surveys of the students to get a sense of their interests.  One guy was, she says, rude, and told her that he was a second year and had to get to class… she asked him his faculty and course, as there were no classes that week: the first years come in early for orientation and staff / TAs are all available.  Then she tells me, “It’s like you say, if you’re going to lie to me, at least entertain me!”  I have no words…

As for the small people… we rented a mobility scooter for me so I can join them for walks and trips to the park, etc.  My niece was very excited about it, and was telling me what colour it was, and how it’s bigger than hers and it has a seat… My nephew wanted to ride his scooter when we went around the block for a walk yesterday.  Then he wanted to know how it worked and what all the buttons/levers, etc were for.  They seemed to enjoy that.  When we got home they played on their bikes, and we removed the training wheels from my niece’s bike.  It was a nice afternoon outside, reasonably warm, so we sat out for a while.  Today my niece is explaining that some people live in houses, and some people like me live in buildings, and a long discussion on her accomplishments in swimming.

We’ve been having fun, is the short version of all this.  One of our cousins is coming for dinner, so preparations are underway in the kitchen and I’m taking a mandated rest so I can stay up with the grownups!  That’s necessary since I’ve been going to bed before the kids as my back and other areas have been aching and sore.  I was able to stop the pain meds today, and I’m not hurting, but also don’t want to overexert myself.  Got to get ready for the guests, so Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!