Sunday

Very rainy weekend, with thick clouds and cool breezes.  Excellent for being indoors and resting while having cozy beverages.  It’s not cold enough for hot chocolate, but not hot enough for frozen drinks; we’re in that midrange where room temperature drinks are fine or late afternoon tea is very welcome.  Still overcast today but not raining as much, so it’s pleasant.  Thankfully there’s no flooding here, although from the news other places weren’t so lucky.  Jerry is a little hyperactive today, wanting to play and throwing his ball a lot, making me bend over to get it to toss to him.  Don isn’t feeling great, although it’s not a difference from before  He’s glued to US politics when he’s not watching baseball, so I’ve been entertaining myself with other things.

I needed a lot of sleep yesterday after my fun day on Friday.  I’m feeling a bit better today, although I’m still taking things slowly.  I’ve agreed to meet someone tomorrow for tea, but I’m rethinking the location as my trip to the mall has pointed out a few of my limitations.  There’s food (and fruit) in my fridge so finding meals isn’t too difficult, and that’s good.  I have neither the enthusiasm nor the energy to do a lot of cooking, so being able to quickly reheat something is a timesaver .

My little niece was very excited to tell me all of the summer activities that she’s been doing in the past week… she had her mom call me so she could tell me about the trip to Niagara, the funfair, the carousel and so on.  I quite enjoy the stories (as you can guess) and even when I have no idea what she’s saying (small children aren’t always the clearest communicators) she continues with her recitation of exciting events.  I know that they have an upcoming party as a “return to school” event from the centre where they are during the day, and that her brother will be starting school in September.  In his turn, he’s excited about his new water bottle, which, he said, was the only thing missing from his complete setup.  (He’s got a matching set for his lunch kit; bag, food container, snack box and water bottle and his backpack)  I’m glad he like it; he’s coming out of his shell nicely and getting to be more outgoing.

This week I’ve got chemo scheduled so that means that next weekend I’m likely to be sluggish as per usual.  Fingers crossed that my bloodwork stays in the “good” zone so things can go ahead.  That’s about it… I’m going to have a slice of cake and a cup of tea for my afternoon snack now.  Good night!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!