Trip

For reasons known only to the gremlins who live in networks, my photo app refuses to display and let me choose an image.  I’m sitting on the train heading to my sister and still a couple of hours from my initial destination (and a bit longer to the end of my journey). I have left behind one very unhappy, sulky puppy who complained bitterly that he was abandoned and ignored (partially correct; he didn’t come to the station to drop me off) and who will be entering a prolonged period of grumps until I return!  I’ll also be deprived of puppy snuggles and little warm hugs and scratches for attention!  Don is on his own for a while, so I expect that he’ll be blasting the TV (he complains that I keep turning down the volume; I maintain he needs his hearing checked and there’s no need to watch games with the volume set to “wake the neighbourhood”) and eating all sorts of things that he would otherwise not have in the house…

I didn’t sleep at all well last night; it was another of those where I just couldn’t fall asleep although I was tired.  Perhaps the thunderstorm and change of weather affected me, although I know that several times I had a panicked thought of “did I remember to pack…?” My bag weighs maybe 25lbs, but I can’t lift it easily and I struggled with it, my cane and my shoulder bag.  I was out of breath and panting when I dragged myself to the counter and gasped out “wheelchair” but the staff were, as always, lovely, helpful and professional and got me to my seat with no hassle.  Happily, I ran into someone I knew who is working this train, and I was so pleased to see her.  She tells the staff that I’m her aunt, and they spoil me 😁. I like this arrangement where I’m spoiled from time to time.

Happy to report that I ate most of my lunch — the side salad looked odd, so I ignored it, but the rest was good.  Unfortunately I’m in a bit of pain from sitting so long, and things hurt like crazy, so I will be heading to bed early tonight after I’ve been climbed on and patted and gone through the initiation of our mutual adoration society.  I do like riding the train, and it’s surprising but it takes as long as flying, once you account for security lines and all the waiting around, plus the train station is nearer my sister than the airport, so that’s another bonus.

This is short and early, but I have the time now, so I thought I’d give a quick update.  I’ll provide more as my holiday progresses, don’t worry, but for now I need to stretch a bit and perhaps take a pill to try to manage the pain.  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!