Spoiling

This is what I was doing today. I spent a little time self-pampering, which is not something that I do very often.  I used to, when I was working, so that I always looked groomed, but since I was pulled off the job, I also stopped, and it dropped far down my list of priorities.  Plus, and slightly worse, when I lost my hair the first time, I really didn’t spend much time on it!  I’ve got 2 weeks before my treatment again removes my hair, so I thought I’d have some fun.  I haven’t coloured my hair in about 11 years, and I decided to play with it a little.  My stylist, Fouad, is great, and he’s been looking after me for 13 or 14 years, so I usually just tell him, “do what you want,” and it’s always lovely.  Today was the first time that we ever had a conflict.  I’d told Don what I was planning, and that I wanted my hair to be red, and he put his elderly foot down and said, “No,” very firmly.  I was stunned, because usually he says,  “do whatever makes you happy,” so I said to Fouad, “Don says no to red.”  So we had to work to find a colour that would meet all the requirements.  90 minutes later, here we were!   Don approved when I got home, so there was rejoicing everywhere.  My friend managed to make some lovely images of my photo, which you may see later.  Jerry sulked that I’d left him at home, and didn’t stuff him with treats, and then complained that he didn’t get any of my lunch, so he was huffy 😂.  As you can see, the sky was a glorious blue.  I love that, where it looks like the sky goes on forever!  These are the days that are the best.  The weather is mild, the sky is beautiful, flowers are blooming… all utterly gorgeous.  If I could, I’d go for hours-long walks, but since I can’t, I’ll just enjoy the day.

So I’m reading some wonderfully thick books.  These are books that I’ve read before, but not for several years.  The thing is, I don’t remember most of the plot of these books!  That’s lovely, because it’s like reading a new set of books, and there are few things that I enjoy more than reading new books.  If I ever decide not to read (or reread) a book, I suggest that you call a doctor for me!  Rereading is like meeting an old friend and chatting to discuss favourite memories.  I’d like the books to last longer, but it’s a fixed time.  Yes, they’re fantasy novels, and they’re fascinating (to me, anyway) and I really enjoy them.  

That’s all for today.  Wishing everyone a peaceful night and a lovely, restful sleep tonight.  Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!