Rest day

 Yesterday, I was very happy that my back did not go into spasms although I was very tired at the end of the day.  Today, though, all of my movements from yesterday and the day before erupted into being and I now know that they collaborate with each other for maximum pain. No arguments about that!! The muscles are going off like a series of fireworks, although I will grudgingly confess that perhaps doing laundry was not one of my better ideas.  I think that I will need to hire a non-judgemental cleaner to come in and do the housework, including hanging curtains and all those things.  Recommendations are welcome.  The boys are currently at the park, where I understand that Jerry is complaining about the heat but isn’t ready to come home yet.  No comment on his priorities 😆  I’m taking a moment to wish a happy birthday to one of my oldest friends, who I unfortunately don’t see too often.  I hope that it was a good day!

As frustrating as the pandemic is, there are some benefits that came from it. I had a video lunch with 2 colleagues, with whom I’d had lunch very regularly before the change in the world.  We planned to meet today, for the first time in over 2 years, and we’d thought about making it a sushi lunch, since we’d often meet over sushi in the before times.  They forgot, so instead we just had lunch.  It was great to see them, and to see them dressed so casually, too!  Because we’re normally in jackets and ties (for them) and jackets and suit shirt for me.  Although it’s summer warm today, so that could have meant linen jacket instead of suiting.  I’m also trying to arrange to meet a couple other friends by video chat, after years of not seeing each other.  I think it’s a good practice to make time to see one another.  Even if we aren’t all dolled up and dressed to the nines.  I rather miss doing that too; my work clothes are hanging in the closet still.  At the moment, I’m thinking that I’d like to make a donation of some of my clothes and help out someone who needs work clothes.  I’ll discuss it with my support worker, as my clothes are in good shape and it’s unlikely that I’ll be returning to the office.  I’ll see what I’ll do.  

That’s all for now.  My back is tired, and as much as I’d enjoy dancing to the music that I’ve got playing in the background, it’s no use, I’d end up flat on my back crying in pain.  So, you guys enjoy the weather, the beautiful sunshine, and the virtual sounds of Caribbean music.  Good night!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!