Long weekend

 Here we have a sleepy puppy who is all stretched out for cuddles and hugs.  If I stop petting him, I’m batted on the hand and made to resume massaging at once.  He jumped on my lap as I was watching Mass this morning and assumed the position for being massaged, petted and otherwise spoilt.  I’m going to miss my little boss while I’m in hospital this week, and for several days later, as I’ll be poisonous after getting my treatment.  I won’t be able to pet him for a while as the chemo drugs “leak” out of my skin and it would make him sick if he licks me (which he will if I am not fast enough to stop him.)  Don is feeling slightly better, although he’s still having difficulty standing and walking.  I’d love it if he were feeling strong again and that he had no pain or problems walking. I hate seeing him in pain.

The thunderstorm yesterday led to a lot of damage — trees blown down (winds were over 120 kph) and power lines fallen across streets.  The news showed shocking pictures of houses, cars, farms, fences all damaged by fallen trees or being blown around.  About half the city has no power since yesterday and there’s a lot of work being done to restore it, and clear debris.  There was another, smaller storm this afternoon, and I hope that there’s no further damage.  Several main streets are impassable, and there’s a request for people to not go out if they don’t need to.  I didn’t hear that warning until after my friend and I got back, having driven around for 2 hours looking for an open coffee shop 😬. We did stop off at the grocery where I picked up some not-too-healthy snacks to put in my bag to take to the hospital to help counteract the food — I have vivid memories of the meals that I was served last year.  I’m trying not to make too many correlations between my stay last year (the anniversary of my spinal surgery is this week) and this year’s treatment.  If I could, I’d make a request for a complete, full recovery with all of my tumours disappearing.  I’d be thrilled if I could “confound doctors with a miracle recovery.”  It’s like wanting to win the lottery, just to see if having that much money would change me.  If I’m dreaming wildly, I’d like to win the big lottery and have a full recovery from cancer.  I’d use the money to help as many people as I could, and being fully healthy again, I’d do what I could to make life better for others. 

I think I’ll go to bed and dream impossible dreams, defeat unbeatable foes and run where the brave dare not go. 😊. Dream well, my friends.  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!