Day 2

Day 2 os treatment is now done.  It went smoothly; I had the same nurse and she took very good care of me.  The hospital was running on generator power again until this afternoon, and is now fully functional.  My neighbour continues to be a noisy nuisance, and I hope that she will soon move.  My doctor recommended a strong sleeping medication for tonight, so we’ll see if that works.  The nurses are severely short-staffed, so that’s an issue for tonight and tomorrow.  Another wait and see titration.  I talked to my boys a few times today.  Jerry is sulking at me, and huffed and turned his back when I was talking to him!  The next time I called, he was sitting on Don’s shoulder looking like a carved guard puppy.  

The second dose of the drug went in, and I am having mild nausea.  The food is… sad.  I’ve got photos that I’m not sharing because it’s too depressing, but at least breakfast was filling, and I get a mid morning snack of cereal which keeps me going until early afternoon.  On paper, the meals sound great, but the presentation is just… no. I took my niece on a tout of the floor for a bit this afternoon, so she saw what it’s like.  I’ll be released Saturday evening / late afternoon after my chemo, and I’ll be able to go home to my boys!! 🥳 Not that I’m looking forward to that or anything.  I’ve got another dose to go in tonight, but I think that I’ll start napping. Now.  The thing is that something crops up and we’re locked up and delayed. I think that I’ll ll just roll with it ad accept the flow.  I’m tired and I’ll just go with it.

That;s it for tonight.  Good night, and have a lovely tomorrow. XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!