Niagara

It was chilly and overcast after yesterday’s rain today.  The forecast high was 8C but it felt colder.  I got to sleep quite late today, almost to 9am!  The benefits of weekend mornings, 😂 So I was able to have a leisurely chat with my boys before I was invaded by the SP who arrived bearing toys to drive over me.  Jerry was ignoring me again… soon I’ll be back home with him getting my snuggles!! We  went out to a celebratory brunch to mark my 10th anniversary of my diagnosis and first surgery, and the SP dressed to the nines!  She was Princess Tiana (of The Princess and the Frog) in a new green party dress, and he wore a green shirt and brown tie under a blue patterned cardigan.  Very stylish!  So we all tried to dress in greens, but I don’t have my full wardrobe with me, and the dressiest top I brought is pink, so I didn’t match the family colours.  Brunch was good, and the waitress provided some excellent suggestions so I got the best possible meal.  Then we drove to get chocolate from my favourite place, and came back via Niagara Falls — we never left the car, so this is one of the photos I managed to get.  The crowds seem to be returning, although it’s not as busy as it can be.  It’s got even more touristy than it was, which is a depressing thought to me, as the row of hotels and chain restaurants is interrupted by seedy motels.  Very little that’s unique anymore.

Tomorrow I return to Ottawa, but I will arrive late at night.  I’d set it up to maximize my time with the family here, so I leave on the last train, which departs Toronto at 6:30, arriving in Ottawa after 11pm.  The train is comfortable and I can relax, but it’s the same time as driving, so it’s not really fast.  I’ll have wifi, so I can watch movies or browse the internet or whatever, so I’ll amuse myself.  It has been a lovely time, and I very much enjoyed myself both here and in Trinidad.  It’s been great getting to share time with the SP who are growing up really fast.  The change in them from last Christmas is really dramatic and their personalities are much more pronounced now than they were.  I’m eager to return both here and to Trinidad as early in the new year as possible, so I can spend more quality family time.  It’s an eternal wish on my part to be able to instantaneously travel from place to place to see the people I care about… I’ll keep wishing for it, and in the meantime I’ll just plan around tiring trips!

It was pointed out to me that I’m showing more energy than a few months ago.  I’d have to agree that’s true.  I’m able to do more than I was, and I have less pain than I did even earlier this year — all good things!  I still get tired fairly quickly, but I don’t need to spend as much time in recovery after doing things.  I still try to limit my exertions so I don’t collapse from exhaustion and pain, but I can definitely manage more things.  Amen to that is my view.  I will be offering a thanksgiving service for this, as it would be dreadfully rude and ungrateful to not thank the Almighty for His goodness and mercy to me, even more so because I and the many people who pray for me have been asking for improvements.  I will continue to pray that the improvements last, as I think that I have more sweetness and light to spread to those around me.  Does that sound vain and arrogant?  I don’t intend it to be… I’d like to think that I’m not one of the mournful people who makes others depressed when they’re around, leaving the alternative as me being a source of light, sweetness and happiness; at least a little!

I can hear the noise upstairs quieting down, so it means that story time is imminent.  Last night I had to retell Cinderella THREE times in succession!! I’ll try for something else tonight, although it probably needs a “princess” to make it worth telling!  Could I turn Goldilocks into a morality tale?  Housebreaker steals food from a quiet family, breaks their furniture and squats then is eaten?  Or maybe Three Little Pigs who open a wellness retreat and help the wolf deal with his anger issues?  Or maybe I can start telling Robin Hood and his Merrie Men?  We’ll see what I can manage that does not include standard Disney marketing… wish me luck!! Good night my friends, and may you dream well.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!