Ready for the return

It was a full family day today.  I started by talking to my boys as usual, and again woke up Don because the time change hasn’t registered fully yet.  Jerry is now actively trying to shut me off when I call, probably because he thinks it’s way past time for me to be back at home.  I’m half expecting that he’ll change the locks or move house before I get home! He’s perfectly capable of that, I think… I’ll definitely have to suck up when I’m back in Ottawa.

We did a beach lime today; my brother, sisters, niece and I were all there.  It was overcast, which made it cooler than if the sun was beating down on us, but we were still coated in SPF50, because skin protection is cool.  They all went swimming, but the waves were too large for me to manage, leaving me the job of guarding our stuff while they cavorted in the water.  At one point, the sky turned black, the mountains disappeared from view and the heavens opened up and torrents poured down.  When it finally eased off about 30 minutes later, we were all damp.  We’d been under a tent with beach chairs, so we were comfortable, but the rain (sorry, “surf,” because we said that we weren’t acknowledging rain today) blew in from all directions, and everything got splashed.

Tonight we had dinner at my sister-in-law’s place; she did (by special request) pig tail oil down and curry crab and dumpling.  It was excellent, and we’re all content that we’ve been able to get a good sampling of Trini food.  My nephews were there, of course, being hosts, and we (plus my godchildren) settled on the patio to eat, drink and chat.  After some teasing, it’s agreed that I call my godchildren “my children” and they call me “Auntie Mummy” so it’s all good.  When I said I’d stop saying “my kids” they gave me puppy eyes and said, “I feel that knife right through my heart!  You don’t love us anymore?”  So there were lots of hugs and kisses and more hugs and wine.

It’s now time to rest, because the past week is catching up to me and there is pain and aching and misery.  I’ll finish packing in the morning before we head to the airport and then there’s a long flight ahead of us… it’s all good.  Worst case is that I spend a few days in bed when I get back to Ottawa, so I’ll cope.  It’s been so much fun that I won’t grumble about a bit of pain.  Good night!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!