Air is warm

Presented for your consideration… A tiny monster surveilling my lunch!  (Slice of chicken, mushroom and bacon pizza)  He just kept trying to nose closer to steal it, thinking that I wouldn’t notice.  He was unsuccessful, but remains optimistic of stealing food from my plate if I ever let him.  He then would jump up on my lap and block my view of the TV while I was watching a TV movie!  I pushed him off, he just bounced back up, settled with his back to me and then stretched out, put up his front paws for me to rub his tummy and wriggled around.  Don had a poor night as he took one of his meds (that keeps him awake) a little late so his sleep wasn’t great.  On the other hand, I slept for about 11 hours and struggled to get up.  Having done that, I was still a bit slow, and I felt somewhat irritated for no reason.  It’s something that happens occasionally when I’ve been overtired or stressed, and right now I’m thinking that it’s the after effects of my trip.  I am frustrated that my body misbehaves this way, and I’d like it to normalize itself soonest!

To my dear friends who can binge watch a series in a day or weekend — how do you do it?  I can’t manage more than 2 episodes (or 2 hours) because after that I find it difficult to remain interested.  When I watch multiple episodes I find that the repetitive nature of serial shows jumps out too much, so the characters lose their definition and I can predict with certainty how they’ll react and then I lose interest.  My solution is to spread out my watching over a longer period, which usually lets me enjoy my shows over a longer period without having to wait a week between episodes.  Plus, since I made the rules, I can adjust them as I need to if my second episode ends on a cliffhanger, for example.  I did notice that there are some behaviours that are written into the shows that I find perplexing… like the bizarre habit of trying to explore a house in total darkness instead of turning on a light.  If a sneaky sneak were to creep into your home in darkness, and you turn on the light, they’ll be disoriented faster and longer than you who is coming into the dark from a lit area.  That’s probably enough time to see them before they do anything.  Just one thought…

I have a small request for you, please, which might sound strange.  Please don’t act like there’s a suffering Olympic Games in progress.  Yes, I have some rough days, and I occasionally will feel extra sorry for myself, but that doesn’t mean that your pain or difficulties are unimportant.  I’ve had lots of people say, “I’m having a rough time, but that’s nothing compared to you.”  It really is not a contest.  If you’re sad, I’ll try to comfort you, and I’ll share in your sorrow a bit.  If you’re happy, there’s no reason to feel guilty about sharing if you know (or suspect) that I’m having a challenging time.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing my friends’ joy.  I may feel a twinge of envy that people are able to travel and explore new locations while it seems that I’m confined to my chair for prolonged periods, but I enjoy looking at the photos, hearing the stories and overall sharing your experiences.  The envy will neither impede your happiness (nor my delight) nor will it cause me to throw you out.  So we can share each others good and rough times, and it’s all part of our lived experience.  Deal?

Jerry is now throwing his toy at me… it won’t last much longer, as he’s finally chewed a hole in the seam so the squeaker is about to fall out, and then after that he’ll gradually shred the fabric until I throw it out.  Oh well, at least it’s lasted over a year (he’d lost it for a few months, which prolonged its life.)  I’m off now, Good night!






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!